Honored Contributor

Monday 9/21/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

[ Edited ]

Yet another day of nothing much happening is now gone. They played some Texas Hold'em poker, some gin rummy, got a fondue pot and had fondue. Steve went through his speech on how Vanessa is Derrick and he's Cody, so he's got to evict Vanessa. (Assuming Vanessa lets him. I'm still not sure he has the backbone to do it.)

Today will see yet more sleeping, card playing, and houseguests and live feed watchers dying of boredom. Expect the same thing tomorrow, then Wednesday the feeds will be done and we'll have the finale. Liz is worried that Austin is flirting with Jackie in the jury house. (Yeah, that'll happen.) Vanessa is worried that she's gotten fat. Steve is just Steve.

Season seventeen is now in the hands of the show hospice team. It's just days away from a merciful death. There's just one final comp and that'll be set up in the house Wednesday morning. The houseguests will spend Wednesday getting as primped as possible for their final national television appearance. The backyard will be staged for the post show interviews where Alison Grodner will declare it the best season ever and talk about how great this cast was. (We'll have to see if she tones down her normal self-congratulating since Les Moonves has already expressed disappointment with this year's cast.) Then the houseguests will finally be free and learn how they're viewed. Austin will be stunned to see that he and Liz aren't the new Jeff and Jordan. And the season will end.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Re: Monday 9/21/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thank you again for your daily updates.  I have to admit, I didn't care for this season at all so I didn't really watch too much of it on TV - just came here to get the updates.

Hopefully next season will cast some more likeable houseguests.

Respected Contributor

Do you still have trust in Chip, GM ? He's going to be a very busy boy this week !

I have disliked Dallas since the reign of Tom Landry but either they are a really good team or teams like the Eagles are making them look good......I wonder how they will hold up with the loss of Bryant and Romo.....this football season is much more exciting than the BB one was !

Honored Contributor

I liked a lot of this season and it was miles ahead of the last two years even though it had many flaws.  But it's ending with a whimper, for sure.  Vanessa played a remarkable game, I admire her game, I just don't like or admire her and I know almost everyone feels that way.  

Anyone but Steve, that's where I'm at.

And I can't wait for Survivor!  I don't understand why they flipped the seasons but they must have a good reason.  I'm excited to see some of the returnees, not excited about others (Abi-Maria? really?), and I just hope the alliances that returning players always make before they leave fall apart.

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

Do you still have trust in Chip, GM ? He's going to be a very busy boy this week !

I have disliked Dallas since the reign of Tom Landry but either they are a really good team or teams like the Eagles are making them look good......I wonder how they will hold up with the loss of Bryant and Romo.....this football season is much more exciting than the BB one was !

I still believe, but they're pushing my faith. This team looked so good in the pre-season and so bad now that you kind of wonder what the heck happened in the two weeks between that third exhibition game and the regular season. Our first and second team offensive lines were dominating in the pre-season, and now they're floundering. No one on offense is playing well and you're apt to see personnel changes coming soon if they don't get this thing righted.

The good news is the talent is there, they just aren't using their talents. It's easier to fix a talented team that's not performing than to make a talentless team perform. John Madden said a long time ago that a streak like this just kills coaches because you want to kill the players, but all they're hearing is negativity from everyone else so you've got to stay positive and reassuring, even as their play threatens your employment. The coaches may scream and rant in private, but they have to be upbeat and positive when with the players.

We've got a few winnable games in a row coming up and just a single win would do wonders for the psyche of the team. Each week without a win just adds more pressure. A win, even an ugly win, should help matters. A dominating win would be ideal. They've got to get the swagger back.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

is it rude of me to say.. let's get over with this season, and bring on next year lol  i wanna actually watch a good season! hopefully allstars 

Respected Contributor

I agree that this was one of the worst seasons ever of BB.  I am going to save my snarkiness for when Austin loses FF though.  And really, how long will those two last after filming wraps.  I have a bet with another friend that Liz will end up getting a restraining order.

Thank you for the live feed summary.  I read them, but don't post.  It makes BB more interesting than what the edit shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority but I enjoyed this season. It started out good with Audrey providing much of the entertainment and the constantly changing alliances were hard to keep up with. There was a lull when one side took over for too many weeks and things seemed too predictable, but thanks to sweet James things picked up again considerably. The sides were much more friendly with each other than in past seasons and that made the evictions a little boring. Personally I like to see the votes split rather than everyone voting as a group. Even so there was enough mystery over who would be the actual target that it stayed pretty interesting. Even the last two evictions were exciting as we didn't know which of their promises the houseguests would keep and we still don't know. Will Vanessa take Steve or Liz? She's promised both a final two deal. Will Steve honor his deal to take Vanessa making what he believes is a $450,000 mistake, or will he have the nerve to look her in the eye and send her home? Perhaps I'm easily entertained but I'll be glued to my TV on Wednesday night! 

The one scenario that would bring my entertainment to a crashing halt would be if Vanessa wins the final comp and sends Steve home. After that it wouldn't even be necessary to watch to know the outcome. Any other result will keep me interested to the end. 

Respected Contributor

Don't forget to vote.  closes today 9/21/2015  10 am pt

Honored Contributor

I also think the whole season was pretty good. There were some weeks that were absolutely hilarious as they played out. If they do anything different in the future to make a better show it would be to kill the BOTB from day one. That comp just destroys much of the gameplay. They did kill it earlier this year, but we lost a few weeks that could have been golden had there not been the BOTB. The week Vanessa rallied the house to evict Austin would have been amazing if Jackie had stayed as HOH. The power would have flipped and we'd likely be looking at a far different final three.

That stupid Battle of the Block destroyed last season and nearly destroyed this season too. Kill it, bury it, and forget it ever existed. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!