Honored Contributor

Monday 9/18/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And another day bites the dust. Yesterday saw pretty much nothing happen. The houseguests got spinners to play with, then the POP viewers sent them questions to answer. The answers were largely as expected. Then they had their daily bashing of former houseguests. Christmas then informed us that she was going to tell both guys to take each other and she'd take a knee and go out third. (That's the competitive spirit we've all grown to expect this season.)

How did any of these idiots get through the competitive process of getting on Big Brother? Did they all burn out their competitive juices just getting on the show? It's not an easy show to get on. You're competing against thousands of others to get on the show, so why roll over and play dead once there? We've never seen so many thrown/given away comps as we saw this year. It's just been absurd. No one really seems to want to win this year. They're all just there to help Paul win. Even Victoria made a plea to stay in the game back in Derrick's season, but this group just doesn't seem to care.

Paul said this year was toughest on him since he has PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) from being on Big Brother 18. If it's any help he's given viewers PLSD (Paul leads sheep disaster) this year. Sadly there's no cure or treatment for PLSD.

The things viewers love about BB are the strategy, the uncertainty, the flips in power, the mystery of who's going to win HOH, POV, or will be going home each week, and this year we've had none of that. We didn't have any worry about who would win HOH or POV as Paul would tell them each week who should win and his sheep simply did as ordered. They let a one-legged woman win a race comp at Paul's urging for God's sake. Production wasted a lot of money this year creating comps when all they should have done is let Paul tell them who would win HOH or POV and save them all that trouble.

Paul played a masterful game given the sheep he was surrounded with, but the DR was complicit as they never led the houseguests to question Paul. In a normal year the DR is great at creating paranoia and making everyone question their alliances.  This year they seemed more determined to keep the sheep lined up behind Paul. Even Josh who a week ago considered Paul to be Satan and claimed he had no shot at beating him, now is taking Paul to the final two. Gee, I wonder why he changed his mind?

The three stooges left in the house now are convinced Christmas will win AFV. (Cody and Kevin seem to be leading in the polling however with Christmas barely registering in the polling at 1%-2% of the vote. Jason's solidly in third place in most of the polls. Anyone but those three winning would be an upset.) The good news is the two Paul and company least want to see win are Cody and Kevin. Paul's mouth will be on the ground when Julie announces those three as the finalists.

Just two more days and we'll be able to put this disaster of a season behind us. Then on to Celebrity BB over the winter. Will they use it to fill in the void between the two seasons of Survivor or will they debut it in February for sweeps? My best guess is they'll start it in early January and end it in early February so the finale is in sweeps and then leads into Survivor. I wouldn't be shocked to see them transition from Celebrity BB right to a new season of BBOTT. With Celebrity BB being a short season they could then keep the house decorated as it is for Celebrity BB and toss in new civilian houseguests for a six to eight week run.

Expect nothing much to happen today or tomorrow then Wednesday the season will come to an end. Paul will get one last chance to tell his sheep what to do and they'll likely baa and do as commanded.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Monday 9/18/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Well if those 3 think Christmas is going to win America's favorite player I hope Christmas doesn't think they are going to invite her back because she broke her foot.

At least I hope they don't invite her back.  

Contributor

There was something rotten in Denmark from the beginning and it stunk the whole season.  The stink will be gone finally after Wednesday's show.

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

Well if those 3 think Christmas is going to win America's favorite player I hope Christmas doesn't think they are going to invite her back because she broke her foot.

At least I hope they don't invite her back.  

I think both Alex and Christmas expect to be invited back. Alex openly talked about being asked back. I think she thinks she was a major player this year and loved. She used the practical joker role like James and got a great edit, so maybe BB wants her back again.

Christmas may have been promised a chance to compete again if she stayed in the house this year. Production had already lost Megan unexpectedly and losing Christmas would have had them down two houseguests. That would have been awkward to compensate for so BB may have made a deal with her to keep her in the house and the show more or less on schedule. It would help explain why she's willing to just walk away from a potential half million dollars now without a fight.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well @gardenman this is about the time in the season that thanks go out to you for guiding us through BB. I add my voice , of course, but I would also like to touch on the things you did NOT do.

You never created or took part in the bickering.

You never insulted or demeaned a post/poster.

You never came across as condescending.

You never came across as a know-it-all.

You never became a "right fighter."

It's all the things you do ,as well as the things that you don't do, that make you irreplaceable.

A thank you to all the GardenGirl posters who got us through this some

what lackluster season. Whether we agreed or disagreed you made my BB 

experience worthwhile. 

And finally----@suzieq4.....@gameon .....@Sabatini.....@Javala.....@tucka

ALWAYS IN MY HEART

Esteemed Contributor

Gman said, "You're competing against thousands of others to get on the show, so why roll over and play dead once there? We've never seen so many thrown/given away comps as we saw this year. It's just been absurd. No one really seems to want to win this year. They're all just there to help Paul win."

Perhaps the answer is "follow the money".  I have never seen so many seeming to have the single goal of "making jury" over winning BB.  It makes me think they have been promised some kind of very palatable/lucrative bonus for "jury duty".

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Danky

One of the things I've learned through the years is that people will believe what they want to believe and that arguing or bickering with them doesn't change their opinion/view/belief. I'll post my view/opinion and leave it at that. If people want to disagree, they're welcome to. I just let it go.

There are always people who have different views. I've been doing this for years and I saw in ED's first season where some felt he was a great father playing dirty just to protect his daughter and they absolutely loved him, while others wanted him arrested and thrown in jail. I've seen Jeff and Jordan dragged through the mud with Jeff being called homophobic (for a Dumbledore comment from Harry Potter) and Jordan being declared a brain dead moron while others loved them and found them delightful. 

This year there's been some who feel that Cody and Jessica are the worst people the world has ever seen while others are more tolerant of them. There's probably nothing I can say that will change the minds of people who feel one way or the other. We all bring our own perspective to judging people. I'll willingly tell my view, but I then walk away and let others say what they want to say. Once you learn to just let people believe what they want to believe (not that you can control what others believe anyway) life becomes much less stressful.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Danky,  very well stated, and I totally agree!  G'man has always been the reasonable voice of BB through the good and bad seasons!

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Gman, for your daily updates!

I read on Online Big Brother a month or so back where Alex was rambling on about how Paul would lose fans if he went against "friendship" and Jason so wisely said something to the effect of that the fans don't care because they're already fans. I've also been listening to podcast this season (very new to podcast) and one of the guests (Brent?) was being critical about another houseguest's actions and someone called him on it that he (Brent) didn't mention it when Josh did the same thing and Brent said that's because he likes Josh and that he never claimed that he wasn't a hypocrite (or said that he always said he was a hypocrite). Also, on a different podcast someone name "Pooh-ya" (sorry about the spelling) was hating on Alex (like all the podcast people) because she was being so mean to Kevin. But what I found amusing is that "Pooh-ya" labeled Kevin as the nicest guy who's ever played BB. Someone did cut in and said he wouldn't go that far.

I do not know who any of these people are that have been on the podcast (I've been listening for about 2 months - missed the first month) but I appreciated Brent saying that. 

I heard something about a bitter jury. I could see why the jury could be bitter - because they have to vote for Christmas, Josh or Paul. I would be surprised if Paul is sitting in the final 2 that he doesn't win because the only reason Josh and Christmas is there is because of Paul. 

Respected Contributor

@Runner26    that's a logical reason for Paul to win  but I hope that doesn't happen    I would still like Josh to take Christmas.