Trusted Contributor

Re: Monday 9/11/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@gardenman wrote:

And the light bulb has finally gone off in Alex's head and she sees that she's been played by Paul. Naturally this has made her vow to do all that she can do to help Paul win. Yeah. It's been that kind of a year. Ouch! Paul stabbed me in the back! Here, let me wash my nasty old blood off the knife and hone the edge for Paul so he can use the knife again! 

Yesterday was largely a long, long day of Josh crying. Paul and Christmas being mad at Josh and lecturing him. Paul telling Alex she's a goner. Alex being mad at Paul and the rest of the house, accusing them of all being counterfeit. Kevin meanwhile just hung around and waited for the game to end. (As did the rest of us.) 

Alex is upset at the number of comps that she threw to Paul and the rest assuming they'd have her back. (Note to Alex: Only one person wins BB. It's not a team sport. Play for yourself. Keep yourself safe. Try to win for yourself. Don't play for anyone else. It's not that hard.) We had eight or nine people playing for Paul to win this year which is absurd. Alex didn't play for POV because she wanted to let Paul win so they'd both be safe. DUMB!!! Save yourself!

Now Alex is looking forward to auditioning for Survivor. I'm hoping she makes it and gets eaten by a shark, but that's just me. In the meantime we get to have a meaningless POV ceremony today where Paul will decide not to use the POV, but he'll give a really nice speech so Alex will go to the jury and campaign like a lunatic for him. Mean old Kevin, Josh and Christmas threatened poor defenseless Paul which is the only reason he had to abandon Alex. (Yeah, right.)

Alex is making a big pitch to her fans (both of them) to vote for her as America's Favorite Player. Let's check the polls and see where she stands. Well, she's ahead of Raven, Matt, Christmas and Paul, so that's good. She's behind everyone else though, so unless she gets another golden edit (and the producers have been very, very kind to her this year) she's got no chance at AFP.

BB generously gave the house guests a milkshake party last night. Alex sulked and chose not to participate. (She's busy trying to figure out how to flip the jury to vote for Paul. She's promised him Jason's vote already.)

So, tomorrow we lose another house guest. BB will kill the feeds so we don't know who will get evicted. (It'll be Alex by a 2-0 vote.) Then on Wednesday we'll see the eviction, watch Paul win the next HOH comp (Josh can't compete as outgoing HOH and Kevin and Christmas aren't really what one would call competitive.) Paul will then have to nominate two house guests for eviction and he'll likely put up Christmas and Kevin. Christmas will volunteer and Kevin is always on the block. (Paul could put Josh up if he wants to have more control over who leaves. Paul has more control over Christmas than Josh.)

At this stage the nominees don't really matter, what matters is the POV winner. Josh or Paul will likely win POV and Kevin will likely be evicted on Thursday. Then it all comes down to the that last stage of the final HOH comp. Paul will likely win one of the stages, leaving the other stage to either Josh, Kevin or Christmas depending on who survives the Thursday eviction. Then the scale comp at the end to determine the final HOH and then I'd love to see Paul sent to the jury. That would be hilarious. Then one of the three stooges (Christmas, Josh or Kevin) would walk away with the half million and another one would grab the $50 thousand.

But, given how this season has gone, Paul will make the finals and win the half million. He's had most of the house and seemingly production working for him to win this year, so a loss at the end would be improbable, but we can hope.

Gardenman-do the houseguests get to see all of the shows in the Jury House?

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I agree that Paul is using Derrick and Dans strategy, I think it may backfire on him.  He is leaving lots of hurt feelings in the jury house.

@CrazyDaisy, I agree with you that things may backfire on Paul, not so much to do with hurt feelings (though you have a point) but more with how he may handle his final speech if he makes it to final 2 (and that's a big "if"). 

Several jury members have highly idealized images of themselves which include a belief in their intellectual excellence--Cody with his genetic superiority, Raven the Mensa member with a GPA in dance, and Elena who reminded houseguests regularly how smart she is--to name a few. 

If Paul continues with the jury the way he has in the house, which is to say he had no choice but to vote as he did because the house wanted it, no one will buy it. If he owns his game, and appeals to their ego, he has a chance. If he tries the poor pitiful me route that Josh is taking it will blow up in his face. 

People who fancy themselves smarter than average may be able to resign themselves to the fact that Paul outplayed them in the game, but he has to own it to get their respect and their vote. They will not take kindly to someone trying to snow them in the 13th hour and taking them for fools. I feel like if he doesn't own it, he loses. I hope that sounded confident even though I actually have no idea, but it is fun to speculate! Smiley Happy

I am not sure some will look at it as out played as much as used them.  Most people can look back and say "ya you got me, you win", when they know you are playing a good game.  Paul used the other houseguests to ridcule and embarass his target.  That no longer is a game.    

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

Well, at least Alex realizes this:  She just said that this has been a lame season with a lame cast.  HA!  Alex, "lame" is putting it mildly!!

Honored Contributor

@buyornot wrote:
@gardenman wrote:

And the light bulb has finally gone off in Alex's head and she sees that she's been played by Paul. Naturally this has made her vow to do all that she can do to help Paul win. Yeah. It's been that kind of a year. Ouch! Paul stabbed me in the back! Here, let me wash my nasty old blood off the knife and hone the edge for Paul so he can use the knife again! 

Yesterday was largely a long, long day of Josh crying. Paul and Christmas being mad at Josh and lecturing him. Paul telling Alex she's a goner. Alex being mad at Paul and the rest of the house, accusing them of all being counterfeit. Kevin meanwhile just hung around and waited for the game to end. (As did the rest of us.) 

Alex is upset at the number of comps that she threw to Paul and the rest assuming they'd have her back. (Note to Alex: Only one person wins BB. It's not a team sport. Play for yourself. Keep yourself safe. Try to win for yourself. Don't play for anyone else. It's not that hard.) We had eight or nine people playing for Paul to win this year which is absurd. Alex didn't play for POV because she wanted to let Paul win so they'd both be safe. DUMB!!! Save yourself!

Now Alex is looking forward to auditioning for Survivor. I'm hoping she makes it and gets eaten by a shark, but that's just me. In the meantime we get to have a meaningless POV ceremony today where Paul will decide not to use the POV, but he'll give a really nice speech so Alex will go to the jury and campaign like a lunatic for him. Mean old Kevin, Josh and Christmas threatened poor defenseless Paul which is the only reason he had to abandon Alex. (Yeah, right.)

Alex is making a big pitch to her fans (both of them) to vote for her as America's Favorite Player. Let's check the polls and see where she stands. Well, she's ahead of Raven, Matt, Christmas and Paul, so that's good. She's behind everyone else though, so unless she gets another golden edit (and the producers have been very, very kind to her this year) she's got no chance at AFP.

BB generously gave the house guests a milkshake party last night. Alex sulked and chose not to participate. (She's busy trying to figure out how to flip the jury to vote for Paul. She's promised him Jason's vote already.)

So, tomorrow we lose another house guest. BB will kill the feeds so we don't know who will get evicted. (It'll be Alex by a 2-0 vote.) Then on Wednesday we'll see the eviction, watch Paul win the next HOH comp (Josh can't compete as outgoing HOH and Kevin and Christmas aren't really what one would call competitive.) Paul will then have to nominate two house guests for eviction and he'll likely put up Christmas and Kevin. Christmas will volunteer and Kevin is always on the block. (Paul could put Josh up if he wants to have more control over who leaves. Paul has more control over Christmas than Josh.)

At this stage the nominees don't really matter, what matters is the POV winner. Josh or Paul will likely win POV and Kevin will likely be evicted on Thursday. Then it all comes down to the that last stage of the final HOH comp. Paul will likely win one of the stages, leaving the other stage to either Josh, Kevin or Christmas depending on who survives the Thursday eviction. Then the scale comp at the end to determine the final HOH and then I'd love to see Paul sent to the jury. That would be hilarious. Then one of the three stooges (Christmas, Josh or Kevin) would walk away with the half million and another one would grab the $50 thousand.

But, given how this season has gone, Paul will make the finals and win the half million. He's had most of the house and seemingly production working for him to win this year, so a loss at the end would be improbable, but we can hope.

Gardenman-do the houseguests get to see all of the shows in the Jury House?

All they see are the events, the HOH comp, POV comp, POV ceremony, and eviction.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@Danky wrote:

There was NO racist remark and to continue to insist that there was diminishes the importance of REAL  racism.

i was one of the few supporters of Jess and Cody from day 1 . They may not have the same beliefs as many others but, last I heard, this is America and an individual has the right to FEEL/THINK any way they want . Doesn't mean you have to like them or want them in your life but doesn't mean they are scum either. 

@Danky wrote:

There was NO racist remark and to continue to insist that there was diminishes the importance of REAL  racism.

i was one of the few supporters of Jess and Cody from day 1 . They may not have the same beliefs as many others but, last I heard, this is America and an individual has the right to FEEL/THINK any way they want . Doesn't mean you have to like them or want them in your life but doesn't mean they are scum either. 

Amen! Insisting that Jess is racist doesn't make it so. I would rather have watched Cody and Jess than Paul, Christmas, Raven and Josh.

Valued Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Has it been forgotten how, early on, Josh went after Megan as did Cody?

Unfortunately, Jess and Cody are pursuing The Amazing Race and if they are succesful those lost souls on Jokers with whom they are ever so popular will be thrilled.

Josh went after her. Cody said he didn't like her. Blunt? Yes. Not very nice? Yes.  Big deal? Hardly.  Even Megan agrees that neither of those events were the cause of her leaving.

Valued Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@SusieQ_2, about the Dr. Will interview, I think he came off as a smug boot-licker of CBS and BB.

Icky.

He's admitted he's not watched an entire episode this season. lol

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Unfortunately, Jess and Cody are pursuing The Amazing Race and if they are succesful those lost souls on Jokers with whom they are ever so popular will be thrilled.

Nope not forgotten it was one of the early reasons of why I did not like Josh as well. But those that have blinders on will defend Jess and Cody and at least Josh apologized for being such and .SS. Meghan was not emotionally stable to be on this show but that does not excuse the behaviour of Jess and Cody. And no matter how many X's someone says what Jess did was not racist does not change what she did as being such. Not surprised by the grazing sheep.

I read that Meghan self evicted because the guys in the house were bringing back her PTSD. Apparently, Josh was looking over the shower at her.

As far as Paul is concerned regarding racism... Anyone who even contemplates the idea of wearing "Blackface" should look into his heart and soul and realize he has issues. I wasn't surprised, though. He had to remove a tat of Stalin before entering the house.

I have mentioned Pauls blackface in the past. No news flash. But he is openly hated here. So his actions are discussed. That said if you go by the pov of some posters  rantings that would no be considered racism.

Even though the action was there to offend and belittle a fellow player and to call out that person by mimicking them. Racism is not only an offense by words. The cause and action is deep rooted and can and is inflicted to incite fear and and hate. Either consciously or unconsciously, the intended target becomes the focal point to others through the message the accuser is intending. So Paul with his blackface can say oh, I was just trying to be a snake but in reality we see a black face and think of his victim(Dominic) Jess calling Alex Pao Pao (The name is harmless, it is the intent, the subliminal  "All Asians look alike"). We could say well it was a one time thing she was found out even if it was by a wrong name.(Meghan saying Panda) The intent was still there. And she further proved this when she referred to Dominic as DaVonne. Same cause and effect. Obviously if you share this sort of mentality you will deny and scream no that is not racism. Its freedom of speech This is America. Yes and No the first amendment protects speech. But it does not protect the consequences of that speech and it does not protect slander. And if either Alex or Dominic want to sue CBS and or its parent company for not protecting their rights they can. Meghan was made the unwittingly and clueless fall guy for this. Hopefully Alex will eventually see what Meghan was trying to tell her.

Not quite sure why you chose my post to go on and on. I was agreeing with you. No news flash? I was adding to the conversation. Is that not OK with you?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKali wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Josh went after her. Cody said he didn't like her. Blunt? Yes. Not very nice? Yes.  Big deal? Hardly.  Even Megan agrees that neither of those events were the cause of her leaving.

True, the cause for Megan leaving would rest more on Jess than Cody though he did express how impressed he was by how she pulled it off.

After Jess used her racist insinuation toward Alex (yes, there are some of us who believe it was racist) and let Megan take the fall for it, both Jess and Cody laughed their butts off in the hoh room reveling in the fact that Jess was the sole reason Megan left the game.

So whether Megan now says it had nothing to do with her leaving or not the timeline suggests otherwise, and regardless, Jess and Cody certainly enjoyed believing it was to Jess' credit that she did. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If Jess's name for Alex was innocent why didn't she admit it? Why didn't she use her alternate names for Dom a d Alex when speaking with them?

If not racist, why only Dom a d Alex? Why not others in the house?