Esteemed Contributor

Re: Monday 9/11/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I agree that Paul is using Derrick and Dans strategy, I think it may backfire on him.  He is leaving lots of hurt feelings in the jury house.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

gman--I'm sorry to see the news that your job ended.  Sending up petitions for an even better position for you soon!

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman  Great post today.  I especially like the comment about Alex on Survivor.  Had me LOL.

Honored Contributor

I very much enjoyed the essay on serial bullying on Jokers. It described Paul to a t and why he has his followers.

As far as the rest of the cast, the only person I particularly liked was Mark. Of course he had flaws like all of us but he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Alex on live feeds did call Paul every name in the book yesterday PST. around 11:45. I think it took her awhile to absorb exactly how she had been thrown under the bus.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Has it been forgotten how, early on, Josh went after Megan as did Cody?

Unfortunately, Jess and Cody are pursuing The Amazing Race and if they are succesful those lost souls on Jokers with whom they are ever so popular will be thrilled.

Nope not forgotten it was one of the early reasons of why I did not like Josh as well. But those that have blinders on will defend Jess and Cody and at least Josh apologized for being such and .SS. Meghan was not emotionally stable to be on this show but that does not excuse the behaviour of Jess and Cody. And no matter how many X's someone says what Jess did was not racist does not change what she did as being such. Not surprised by the grazing sheep.

I read that Meghan self evicted because the guys in the house were bringing back her PTSD. Apparently, Josh was looking over the shower at her.

As far as Paul is concerned regarding racism... Anyone who even contemplates the idea of wearing "Blackface" should look into his heart and soul and realize he has issues. I wasn't surprised, though. He had to remove a tat of Stalin before entering the house.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman, sending my wishes for you to get another job before New Year's!   I feel sure that you will.  Until then, you will be able to help us out on the upcoming Celebrity BB!   (I just hope I know who they are!  I am another one who doesn't know the current "celebrities")! 

Also wanted to say that had I ever been a contestant on this show, all I would ever say to anyone that I nominated, voted against, or sent home, would be as Gardenman mentioned - "you are standing in the way of my winning big money and that is the main reason I voted for you to leave"  !!!   That is all they have to say - don't demoralize another human, just tell them they are in your way!!!   Grrrr

Honored Contributor

Before I forget, just want to thank our @gardenman, for all his updates these past 3 months. It has been a kind of ritual for me every morning to have a cup of coffee and read his delightful, well written posts.

And to all who have contributed to this thread, it has been really insightful reading all the different opinions. I think I have actually learned a lot about human nature. Putting these people in a house for 3 months certainly has been an interesting and unique experiment on human behavior.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Has it been forgotten how, early on, Josh went after Megan as did Cody?

Unfortunately, Jess and Cody are pursuing The Amazing Race and if they are succesful those lost souls on Jokers with whom they are ever so popular will be thrilled.

Nope not forgotten it was one of the early reasons of why I did not like Josh as well. But those that have blinders on will defend Jess and Cody and at least Josh apologized for being such and .SS. Meghan was not emotionally stable to be on this show but that does not excuse the behaviour of Jess and Cody. And no matter how many X's someone says what Jess did was not racist does not change what she did as being such. Not surprised by the grazing sheep.

I read that Meghan self evicted because the guys in the house were bringing back her PTSD. Apparently, Josh was looking over the shower at her.

As far as Paul is concerned regarding racism... Anyone who even contemplates the idea of wearing "Blackface" should look into his heart and soul and realize he has issues. I wasn't surprised, though. He had to remove a tat of Stalin before entering the house.

I have mentioned Pauls blackface in the past. No news flash. But he is openly hated here. So his actions are discussed. That said if you go by the pov of some posters  rantings that would no be considered racism.

Even though the action was there to offend and belittle a fellow player and to call out that person by mimicking them. Racism is not only an offense by words. The cause and action is deep rooted and can and is inflicted to incite fear and and hate. Either consciously or unconsciously, the intended target becomes the focal point to others through the message the accuser is intending. So Paul with his blackface can say oh, I was just trying to be a snake but in reality we see a black face and think of his victim(Dominic) Jess calling Alex Pao Pao (The name is harmless, it is the intent, the subliminal  "All Asians look alike"). We could say well it was a one time thing she was found out even if it was by a wrong name.(Meghan saying Panda) The intent was still there. And she further proved this when she referred to Dominic as DaVonne. Same cause and effect. Obviously if you share this sort of mentality you will deny and scream no that is not racism. Its freedom of speech This is America. Yes and No the first amendment protects speech. But it does not protect the consequences of that speech and it does not protect slander. And if either Alex or Dominic want to sue CBS and or its parent company for not protecting their rights they can. Meghan was made the unwittingly and clueless fall guy for this. Hopefully Alex will eventually see what Meghan was trying to tell her.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I agree that Paul is using Derrick and Dans strategy, I think it may backfire on him.  He is leaving lots of hurt feelings in the jury house.

@CrazyDaisy, I agree with you that things may backfire on Paul, not so much to do with hurt feelings (though you have a point) but more with how he may handle his final speech if he makes it to final 2 (and that's a big "if"). 

Several jury members have highly idealized images of themselves which include a belief in their intellectual excellence--Cody with his genetic superiority, Raven the Mensa member with a GPA in dance, and Elena who reminded houseguests regularly how smart she is--to name a few. 

If Paul continues with the jury the way he has in the house, which is to say he had no choice but to vote as he did because the house wanted it, no one will buy it. If he owns his game, and appeals to their ego, he has a chance. If he tries the poor pitiful me route that Josh is taking it will blow up in his face. 

People who fancy themselves smarter than average may be able to resign themselves to the fact that Paul outplayed them in the game, but he has to own it to get their respect and their vote. They will not take kindly to someone trying to snow them in the 13th hour and taking them for fools. I feel like if he doesn't own it, he loses. I hope that sounded confident even though I actually have no idea, but it is fun to speculate! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2, about the Dr. Will interview, I think he came off as a smug boot-licker of CBS and BB.

Icky.

Muddling through...