Honored Contributor

Monday 8/19/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Operation "Save Christie" seems to be imploding rather badly. Analyse, Christie, Tommy, Jess, and Nick have conspired to try and get Christie taken off the block and replaced with someone, anyone else. There is the slight problem of Jackson being both HOH and POV holder and he wants Christie gone.

Analyse was the first to step up to the pitcher's mound and deliver a pitch. Her pitch was to Holly and was on how dangerous and reckless Jessica was. True by the way, and Holly has Jessica clearly in her sights along with Nick, but Holly isn't the POV holder or the HOH, so the pitch was largely a miss. Those two could be targets next week though if Holly wins HOH.

Nick then arrived a bit later in the HOH to make a pitch directly to Jackson about getting rid of Jess by putting her up and reuniting the group to then flush out the rest of the riff-raff. (There is the slight problem of the rest of the riff raff being Cliff and Nicole who Jackson trusts more than the rest.)

After Nick's pitch along came Christie to seal the deal. (Sadly for her she sealed it the wrong way, but hey, those things happen.)  She started out pitching Nick saying he was playing everyone. Then said how Analyse and Tommy wanted the old team back together again. (Sure they do.) She then said they could use Jess to get rid of Cliff. (Who Jackson wants to keep.) Then she decided it was too soon to get rid of Nick as he was a strong guy. Christie thought Jackson wanted a girl gone and not just her, but any girl, so then she pitched getting rid of Nicole. Christie ultimately promised not to target Jackson until Cliff, Nicole, Jessica and Nick were all gone. Christie then decided maybe getting rid of Nick wouldn't be such a bad idea since he was targeting Holly. Christie eventually fiigured out none of this was working and retreated. Kudos to her though, she threw pretty much everyone under the bus and made Jackson come away trusting Cliff and Nicole the most.

So, we've got the POV meeting today where Jackson will pocket the POV. He briefly considered using it yesterday to save Analyse and put up Jessica, but decided not to. He may have been joking about that, but Holly's reaction made it clear she did not approve of that idea.

Christie will find herself still on the block and resort to the emotional blackmail/crying game to try and steal a vote from Analyse to stay in the game. Analyse is dumb enough to try and burn her own place in the house so Christie can stay in the game. (How does someone complete four years of college and still come out as dumb as Analyse?)

Cliff and Nicole will be besieged all week by the Christie lovers (Christie, Tommy, Nick, Jess, and to some extent even Analyse to try and get their votes to keep Christie in the house. (The votes right now look like Cliff, Nicole and Holly to evict Christie. Tommy, Nick, Jess to keep Christie. Jackson to break the tie.) Christie will offer deals including her firstborn child to stay in the house. (She talked earlier of shaving her head, giving up the prize money and stipend, and even getting a tattoo to stay, so she'll offer pretty much anything to stay.) She'll swear on her sister's life for about the ten thousandth time that she'll be loyal and true to her word, despite the dozens of times she's sworn on her sister's life and flat out lied. 

Christie will no doubt argue that the fans of the show don't want to see her go. Note to Christie: "Christie's Eviction Party" is trending on Twitter, so don't count on fan support. People are prepping for her eviction like it's a New Year's Eve party with food and drinks being stockpiled. If the show was more popular a national holiday might be declared so her eviction could be celebrated the whole day. Suffice to say the majority of the fanbase is not upset at her pending eviction. There are even those campaigning to have the studio audience sit on their hands if not boo when Christie leaves the BB house. (If CBS thinks this is a possiblity they will fill the audience with staffers to ensure some applause.)

So, "Operation Save Christie" will enter phase two later today after the POV is pocketed and the fight for votes will take place. Nicole and Cliff will be besieged and may both self-evict before the week is done just to get away from Christie and her loony followers in the house. Christie will choke back her tears and say it's okay, it's all just a game, but then go on about how unfair it all is. She's never lied to or betrayed anyone, she'll swear it on her sister's life! She's the one person in the house who's played a clean game and this is her reward. If that doesn't work (and it won't) then will come spinning Analyse into a super villain who'll win the whole game if they don't get her out now while they have the chance.

And none of it will matter. Christie is going home on Thursday barring divine intervention, despite her manifesting, God's will, and the universe disapproving of the move, she's likely a goner. It could even be a unanimous house vote to evict her. Tommy seems to have pretty much decided to cut her loose at this point.

The one play she had that might have bought her more time would have been selling out Tommy to Jackson and exposing their pre-existing relationship, but she was more convinced she could get Jackson to put up someone else and never played that card.Jackson might have taken down Analyse then and put Tommy up opposite Christie, but it's too late now. Then they could have fought it out for votes and she might have won that fight. 

So, we've got the POV meeting today. Then the tears will flow and the begging game will start with Christie promising everyone everything to try and stay in the game. Oh, she may take to bed first to try and garner sympathy and say she knows she's going, but everything she says or does between now and her eviction will be calculated. She just needs one more vote to stay and she'll do anything to get it. It should be fun to watch.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Re: Monday 8/19/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thank you so much for your daily info!  I love BB but seems like this year there is no one I am rooting for to win.  All these players seem a bit "off" to me!  I didn't know they received a stipend---do you know how much it is?  

Thanks again for keeping us posted!

Honored Contributor

@pietook wrote:

Thank you so much for your daily info!  I love BB but seems like this year there is no one I am rooting for to win.  All these players seem a bit "off" to me!  I didn't know they received a stipend---do you know how much it is?  

Thanks again for keeping us posted!

The houseguests all get a stipend. For those who make it to the jury the total stipend is reportedly around $17,000 (I think) which is why everyone wants to make jury. I believe the stipend payments start when they first reach sequester pre-show so figure about 107 days, if that's the case they get paid around $160 a day but some reports put it at $750 a week which would be more like $107 a day. There are conflicting reports if that's in addition to their prize money. Some say those who win more prize money than their stipend get no stipend, while others report that those who win $5,000 like Sam (I think) did earlier, gets the $5,000 added to their stipend, so if they were making a stipend of $7,000, they'd get $12,000 with the $5,000 in cash prize added on to the stipend. The stipend payments may even start as early as the callbacks for casting. The houseguests typically get flown to LA on at least two occasions for interviews and testing.

It is hard to find someone to really cheer for this year, but the least obnoxious, at least to me, are Nicole and Cliff. I'd be happy with either of them winning. Both love the game and even though they're not especially good players, I'd be happy if they won. I don't really mind Holly. Tommy's played a pretty good game also, but he had a huge advantage coming in with a pre-existing relationship. Those I'd least like to win are Nick, Christie and Jessica. Analyse isn't really a viable option to win. I'm kind of blah about Jackson. He's a bit of a jerk but he doesn't bother me as much as the rest. There are others I'd prefer to win over him, but I wouldn't be devastated if he won.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'll be nervous and hanging out on the computer today as my car is in the shop to see what's going on with it. It runs fine for three or four miles then starts to make a bit of a louder engine/drivetrain  noise with a burning smell. I'm hoping it's something simple and cheap like a brake pad not fully releasing, but it could be something complicated and expensive like an engine bearing or a transmission issue. I'll just be lurking by the phone waiting to hear a diagnosis. Ugh! Here's hoping it's a cheap and easy fix and not something more disastrous.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Too bad you are not close to me----my husband is an auto mechanic----altho reitred as a firefighter and always did mechanic work on days off---plus he drag races.

I would like to see Cliff win.  I wish they would put an all older crowd in and see how that goes---guess because I am a senior citizen myself!  That would never happen as I can't imagine us seniors sitting around in bikinis and strutting our "used to be" stuff!

Thanks again for the info!  Good luck on your car repairs!!

Trusted Contributor

Fingers crossed for you and your car repair, Gardenman!

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

Fingers crossed for you and your car repair, Gardenman!

Thanks all! I'm hoping it's nothing too major, but you never know. Now I'm just sitting around waiting for the diagnosis. The good news is the shop is only about a fifteen minute walk from my house and they've done good by me in the past. The bad news is I don't really know what's wrong this time. Best case scenario is a brake pad isn't fully releasing. That's a relatively cheap and easy fix and seems the best match for the symptoms. Worst case scenario is it's something internal in the engine or transmission. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman Good luck with your car. Mine just gave up the ghost. Can't be fixed. So I am having to get another that I really can't afford but need wheels. I found an older car in excellent condition so should be getting it this week.

Honored Contributor

The good news it is the brake caliper on the left that's grabbing and causing the burning smell, so that's not horrible and then a suspension part needs replacing so we're looking at around $500 to fix everything for parts and labor. That's not as bad as I'd feared. Whew! Hopefully nothing else pops up, but that's better than feared.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great news, @gardenman !!    Now if you could get good news at your upcoming doctor visit!!

And good luck to @CLHS68  that your newer/older vehicle works out well for you!! 

I just got a new car for the first time in 15 years!!   I had had the same one for ages and it was starting to have problems.  

We need our wheels!!