Honored Contributor

Monday 7/01/2019 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And confusion runs wild in BB land as we all try to figure out if Ovi can, or will, use his new power. In last night's show we saw Ovi win the Whacktivity comp where his prize was a nightmare for the HOH. If Ovi uses the prize (or even can use it) then Christie would have to replace the two nominees with two new ones. With Jackson safe as Camp Director, Kathryn, Ovi and Cliff safe as former nominees and Sam safe as the POV winner, she'd have failry limited options available. With analyse, Holly and Tommy as close allies, that would leave Jack, Jackson, Nick, Isabella, Jessica, Kemi and Nicole as options to go up. Awkward!

Will Ovi use it, or for that matter can Ovi use it? Let's deal with the "can" portion first. The card Ovi read (and he didn't read all the fine print to us) said it had to be used after the nomination ceremony (which makes sense because without nominees there's no one to save) but it didn't say immediatley after the nomination ceremony. People are assuming it had to be used that night,but are they right? Who knows? Production kind of adapts the rules as they go along. Somewhere in the fine print it probably says, but we don't have the fine print. I'm kind of thinking they'd have preferred it to be saved until after the POV ceremony for several reasons. One, the nominee could have won POV and saved himself/herself. Two, it would make sense to hold it until after last night's show so the feed watchers wouldn't know what the prize was. If we'd seen the house getting awakened and then had new nominees when the feeds came back, well we'd figure out the prize instead of seeing it revealed on the show. They like to save stuff for the show.

Will Ovi use it if he can use it? He's been going around the house and begging for votes and pretty much everyone tells him he's fine, that Kathryn will be voted out. If he believes them he's a bit stupid, but he might and try to save the power for another week. We should find out this morning or tomorrow morning. The house went to sleep about six AM ET, so BB will wake them up to ambush with the nightmare prize if it is being used sometme while they're sleeping. I figure it'll be two to three hours into their bedtimes. (Which means I get to listen to the house snoring all morning as I wait to see if anything happens.)

Kemi was largely the focus of attention last night. Nick, Sam and Bella are hoping to be able to throw the HOH comp to Kemi so she can get rid of Jack for them. Jack desperately wants Kemi gone no matter what and really hates her. Jackson and Jack think if they can throw the HOH to Kathryn they can use/bully/coerce her to evict Kemi. Meanwhile Kemi, Isabella, Nicole and Jessica have formed a new alliance more or less named the Black Widows. 

And speaking of alliances, Jack's alliance that encompases nearly all of LA has decided they don't need Nick and Isabella any longer and are back to being however big they are without them. (I've kind of lost track. The alliance ballooned to ten people there for a while, then back to eight and I think now six, but with Jack it's hard to tell.) 

Nick who has been wooing Isabella for quite a while has now set his sights on Analyse. Analyse is still playing Jack and even laid in bed with him in the HOH room for a bit, but refused to let him kiss her. She told him they couldn't because her dad might be watching. In truth, she's playing the fool and following her orders from Christie to stay close to Jack despite not really liking him. The girls have Jack figured out and want little to do with him other than look at him.

With all of the scheduled comps done and nothing left on the BB schedule now until Wednesday's live show, the feed watchers are just hanging around waiting to see what, if anything, happens with the nightmare prize. I'd love to see it played, but the majority seem to think it had to be played the night of the nominations and the person using it had to be one of the original nominees. Who knows what's the truth? If it's not used tonight (their time) or tomorow, they're probably right. My gut says Ovi can still use it, but will he? Only Ovi and production knows, but we'll find out if they wake the house up and hold a new nomination ceremony.

Watching Christie have a nervous breakdown over this could be fun. She'd have very limited options on who to put up and that could create all kinds of problems for her. Given the TV schedule, if Ovi can/will use the prize it's pretty much got to be today or tomorrow. It'll be fun to see what happens.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Monday 7/01/2019 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Aha! Something might be happening! We've had fish (well what used to be fish before they killed them, now it's an empty fish tank) for the last couple of minutes which is unusual with everyone asleep. Maybe, just maybe Ovi can use his power and has. Now I get to listen to the lovely BB theme forever until I find out what's going on. If it is Ovi's power then Christie will be called to the DR to have it all explained to her and be told who she can and can't nominate.The list of who she can't nominate is now pretty darn long. Ovi, Kathryn, Jackson, Cliff and Sam all can't be nominated for various reasons (previous nominees, POV winner, and Camp Director.) This could be a long, long feed blackout. Christie will argue with the DR and be a bit upset if this is what's happening. She'll also need some time to think of who the heck to put up as nominees. Kemi could be back in trouble if Christie wants to be safe. A smart move would be to put up Kemi and Jack and tell Jack she only put him up because she knows everyone loves him and will keep him. (In fact everyone but Jackson would likely vote him out.) 

Still fish for about five minutes now. And now the fish are gone and everyone's still in bed asleep. Rats! BB was just playing with us for some reason. Curse you BB!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning @gardenman.  You said, "She'll also need some time to think of who the heck to put up as nominees."

I don't think that is correct.  I just listened to Ovi reading the card (31:52) and he said the HOH must immediately name two new nominees so unless production interferes and gives Christie a heads up in advance of the power being played she won't have time to think.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I think they'll call Christie into the DR and give her a card with the details that she'll then have to take out and read to the house. That's how these things work. She'll likely stay in the DR for a bit thinking over her options before returning to the house. That's all assuming Ovi can and does use it. I wonder if the earlier fish session was Ovi sneaking into the DR to tell them he wants to use the power?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It doesn't look like the nightmare power is being unleashed today, so I'm off to mow my grass. (Which I'd have normally done earlier in the day, but BB gave us two five minute fish segments making me think something might be happening.) 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

It's so confusing not knowing if he can use his power but I have a feeling he can't because of the pov. Of course my feeling means nothing and it would be pretty entertaining if he was able to use it. I agree that he feels somewhat safe. So many are telling him that Kat will be voted out but he should know better. 

If it turns out Ovi can't use his power I was trying to think of a way he could use it to his advantage to gain votes to stay. After all, if he stays, it would still be good for the next five weeks. I don't know if revealing that would be all that helpful though. It might even be worse if he's seen as a threat. I remember last year Bayleigh revealed having a power and it got her voted out.

To be honest, I think Ovi is on the Jack and Jackson train and with that being the case I'm not all that sad to see him go. Jack has turned out to be such a jerk I can't believe Christie didn't jump on the opportunity to get him evicted. I don't think there's one person in the house that wouldn't jump at the chance to get rid of him. 

I checked Jokers for the show schedule and looked the rankings while I was there. Jack went from being #1 to #16. I don't understand how those rankings work but Cliff and Tommy were #1 and #2 which made me happy. I'd love to see those two guys get together with some of girls and form an alliance. For now Tommy seems entrenched with the guys but I'm holding out hope for him, lol. 

Honored Contributor

Breaking news! The tank of death has been restocked! (Don't get too attached to the fish though, they'll likely be dead before long.)

Tommy is playing the whole house and has deals with everyone. Cliff and Nicole have a final two, but it's unlikely they'll get that far. Jack will be gone very, very soon. His jokers rating of 16 is also about his house rating. No one really likes him now. 

We'll find out tomorrow if Ovi can use his power. That'll be his last chance to use it. Wednesday morning will be far too late. If the house isn't awakened overnight tonight (tomorrow morning for those of us on a more normal schedule) then the power probably can't be used.

I still think if he had to use it immediately after the original nominations, it would have been weird and confusing for the feed watchers to go to sleep and then wake up and find new nominations without ever knowing what the power was. BB likes things done on a schedule, so I'm thinking they planned to use it later. We'll see what happens.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Last year I skipped watching BB all season.

This year I thought I would give it a try. At first there were a variety of players, good for me.

Last night I realized it was 8th grade all over again. The cool kids have grouped up and

the misfits, more unique ones are on the outs. No one gets to sit at the cool kids table.

Anyone else feel that it's just the beauty and the beasts that have power so far?

Honored Contributor

It's early yet. Most of the houseguests are in multiple alliances, some with the pretty people, some with the misfits, there's no real two team division just yet. The season seems to be trending towards a girls plus Cliff and Tommy alliance against Jack, Jackson, Nick and Sam. Jack is a very big target right now. Jackson, Sam and Nick right behind them. 

Last year we had a clear division with just two sides. The same in BBOTT. There's just no clear division right now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

By the way, the yard is still open, so probably not an endurance comp this week. They're currently on an outside lockdown, reportedly to fix the shower, but they could also be setting up for Have Nots. We'll see if anything's changed when they let them back inside. We got a brief glimpse of the new fish and they're still going with peacock bass, so that's about another $500+ of fish sent to the tank of death.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!