Honored Contributor

I just read in TV Guide that Monarch on FOX, starring Susan Sarandon and Trace Adkins was pushed to fall from its January 30 start date due to COVID-caused delays. I don't know if I was going to watch it, but that decision will wait until the Fall. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Never heard of it.  Synopsis????

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2   Never heard of it.  Synopsis????

@Mz iMac 

Monarch

MONARCH is an epic, multi-generational musical drama about America’s first family of country music. In MONARCH, the Romans are passionate and fiercely talented, but while their name is synonymous with honesty, the very foundation of this family's success is a lie. When dangerous truths bubble to the surface, the Romans’ reign as country royalty is put in jeopardy. Nicky Roman, the brilliant and fierce heir to the crown, already battling an industry and world stacked against her, will stop at nothing to protect her family's legacy. It’s finally her turn. But is it too late?

via FOX
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  Thank you!  Sounds very interesting & different as it involves "country music business."

The country version of Empire? Smiley LOL

Frankly I am getting tired of these tv shows & their "COVID-caused delays."  Yet, NETFLIX is pumping out series & movies as if the pandemic never existed!

icon_razz.gif 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@sunshine45  Thank you!  Sounds very interesting & different as it involves "country music business."

The country version of Empire? Smiley LOL

Frankly I am getting tired of these tv shows & their "COVID-caused delays."  Yet, NETFLIX is pumping out series & movies as if the pandemic never existed!

icon_razz.gif 

One reason is that Netflix isn't making most of its library of movies and shows by itself.

It buys, or just licenses, new or existing material from other companies and other studios.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I was looking forward to watching this show or at least the first episode to see if it was worth while.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for musicals and hate country music so it will be an easy decision to give it a miss.

Honored Contributor

It's back on track......

"FOX Series Premiere Sunday, September 11 After NFL"

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I don't care for musicals and hate country music so it will be an easy decision to give it a miss.

@occasionalrain 

i am not a huge fan of country music either, but i loved the show NASHVILLE. i will be watching MONARCH when it begins soon!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I love Susan Sarandon so I'm definitely checking this out.