I only watch on reruns but really like it

are the kids still in it?

seems mostly Bonnie & Christy now

what happened to the kids?

Respected Contributor

Re: Mom tv series

[ Edited ]

What Happened to the Kids on Mom?

Fans may notice that the kids are missing in the family portrait of Mom’s season 5 opening sequence.

The last we saw, Violet was going to live with Luke, and Roscoe was off to live with Baxter and his wife, Candace.

So, what exactly happened? Are Violet and Roscoe not part of the show anymore?
The show’s creator, Chuck Lorre, has some answers.

In an interview with Variety, Lorre spoke about his decision to put the focus back on Bonnie, Christy, and their recovery group. He said that even though it was “very difficult” to not include Violet and Roscoe in the script, that’s the direction the creators envisioned for the show.

“Women helping women recover from the seemingly hopeless disease of alcohol and drug addiction provided this extraordinary ensemble of great actresses that were funny in different ways. In loving each other and supporting each other, they survive not as individuals—the me is overridden by the we,” Lorre said.

Even though Violet and Roscoe won’t be making regular appearances for now, they will always be remembered by Mom fans.

Respected Contributor

Violet appeared in only two episodes in season 4, none in season 5 and one episode in season 6.

Roscoe appeared in only two episodes in season 4 and none in season 5 and 6.

Honored Contributor

I've never watched it because I was raised by my grandmother, my mentally ill Aunt and my father who was a functioning alcoholic.

I never thought I could find funny every week about someone who was (like my Dad) a functioning alcoholic.

I probably didn't give the show a chance and maybe I should have but I watch so much something had to go, this was one.

I do like the people who star in it and I've read that it's a really good show.

From what I've read about it, the show started off more of her being an alcoholic and am I wrong that now it's more about the funny things between mother and daughter?  

I could watch that...heck!  I live that.  Can you imagine having me for a mother?  I drive my girls crazy.  

@Mary Bailey Maybe sometime I'll watch a few of the re-runs.  Thanks for the reminder.

Honored Contributor

Reruns used to be on at 10pm, but they went away.  I found it to be a funny show.  The kids were on when I watched.  Violet was pregnant and Bonnie was dating the guy in the wheel chair.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmtI could not find anything at all

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed it when it first came on TV but then it got so repetitious and so much about the drugs....kinda turned me off.....

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey Roscoe lives with his dad. And Violet got married. That's what I saw last  on the new episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mom tv series

[ Edited ]

I love this show.  One of my favorites!  It's in its 7th season now.

The son went to live with his father.  We haven't seen him in awhile, and they don't really talk about him either.

The daughter (Violet) was on at least one episode recently.  She isn't speaking to Christy (her Mom), but she and Bonnie (her grandmother) are still close.  She doesn't live with them anymore, but she still pops up every now and then.

It's really very well-written, and it always makes me laugh.  I think Ana Farris and Allison Janney are both very talented - as is the rest of the cast.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

I love this show.  One of my favorites!  It's in its 7th season now.

The son went to live with his father.  We haven't seen him in awhile, and they don't really talk about him either.

The daughter (Violet) was on at least one episode recently.  She isn't speaking to Christy (her Mom), but she and Bonnie (her grandmother) are still close.  She doesn't live with them anymore, but she still pops up every now and then.

It's really very well-written, and it always makes me laugh.  I think Ana Farris and Allison Janney are both very talented - as is the rest of the cast.  :-)

The dad is now on Bob Loves Abishola, he is good on this show too.  I loved him on Mom.  He is so funny.  I do like the show and the rerunsSmiley Happy