Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Smiley Sad  I've also really enjoyed this show.  I hope to see Allison Janney in something else again soon.  I also really like Jaime Pressly and hope to see her in something again soon.

I wonder if viewership dropped off after Anna left.

I have only seen a few new ones.  Actually I think at some point they were playing reruns with Anna.  It is strange how she left.  I wonder if she would consider returning.  Her banter with Allison is so funny.  I do watch a channel where they play Mom in reruns.

Esteemed Contributor

aw, man

Trusted Contributor
I agree 100% about the show deserving to be canceled. This season has been so uninspired and unfunny. A real shame that it has come to this. The reruns are on all the time and are light years better.
Respected Contributor

I am sorry to see it cancelled.  I really liked the show and did not even miss Anna Faris whining.  I miss comedy shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

Awww, man! I like this show, and, in my opinion, it was still just as good without Anna in it.

I have to admit that I got tired of Christie blaming her mother Bonnie for everything that went wrong in her life, and their constant bickering.

I liked that with Anna gone, the other characters and stories could develop.

I'm going to miss this show.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I would happily watch and be entertained by watching Allison Janney chop carrots for half an hour, but the center point of the show has been missing during all the changes IMO.

Hoping she'll pop back up in something fresh, and soon.

Honored Contributor

I never watched it til this year...picked up the reruns very late at night and started taping all the old shows.

The couple I have seen this season are not very good.  I thought they should have brought Violet back to pick up the banter w/ Bonnie.

But some of the old ones are very funny.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819    

I agree with you.  I have liked the show from its start.  The ensemble cast works well together, and I like that the writers have given each of the characters a chance to shine. 

The scripts have been spotty, but I have found a few chuckles or even laughs with each episode. I'll be sorry to see it go.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Honestly, if anyone had to go, my pick would've been Anna.  I don't know if it was her acting or the part she played, but if not for Bonnie, she'd have been a dud.  JMO!

But once she was gone---everything changed.

It's like all these great actors in the ensemble---forgot how to act.  They seemed awkward or forced or something.

We never watched the show when it was *new*, but started watching the re-runs.  So when I heard Anna was leaving, we tuned in to the new season.  And it was blaaaah.  

Hope they keep the old reruns on.  Didn't miss the kids, the boy was cute, but Violet's part drug it down.  Again, JMO.

Wendy, my favorite.

Valued Contributor

I watched this when it first started, but got tired of the same story lines of the bickering and I am certainly no prude, I got sick of Christy jumping in to bed all the time with different a different man in every episode. So I have not watched it since the new season started. I do like Allison Janney and hope she does show up somewhere. Any body else here remember when William Fichtner (Adam) was Josh Snyder on As The World Turns?

cookin