Esteemed Contributor

Tonight was the season premiere of Mom, and they explained what happened to Christy, since the actress who played her left the show.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
She got a full Scholarship to Georgetown Law school.
The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: Mom Season Premier Tonight

I can't get to the spoiler.  What happened?  Is she being played by another actress?

Honored Contributor

I watched the show too. I will really miss her character on the show.  It was pretty good last night and will get used to her not being there but its a bummer the actress left the show.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

The spoiler is spoiled. I can't see it either.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure @santorini  @Pearlee why six spoiler windows were required, but if you keep clicking you get to it. Because this is not some high drama season finale, forgive me for simply letting it be known that Christy ostensibly is attending law school out of the area... Hey, we all knew she was leaving so saying why doesn't seem like a big deal... It was disclosed in the first minute of the show and shouldn't spoil the episode for anybody, but if I ruined your life, please accept my apologies...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I know what happens to Chrissy but we were unable to see episode in our time zone, due to breaking political news.  They evidently reran it around midnight but that's too late and didn't know it ( therefore I didn't record).  Will it be rerun prior to next episode?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz  No idea if they'll repeat it but you can probably catch it online at the network site or in demand, if you watch on cable.

Regular Contributor

Well now that it's out there.  She'll be missed and IMPO she was a vital character to the show.  Let's see what they do to keep an audience.  I'm almost out the door on this one.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the character of Chrissy but this is a true ensemble show.  The only character that's irreplaceable is Allison Janney.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I enjoyed the character of Chrissy but this is a true ensemble show.  The only character that's irreplaceable is Allison Janney.

@patbz  While I agree she's a standout, for me the show wouldn't be nearly as good without Marge, Wendy and Jill. I also wonder if they plan to continue to sometimes include some of those characters most tied to Christy like Baxter and Chef Rudy, who also really added to the show, though both have rarely been seen in recent seasons. Christy was good and often very funny. but over time I found myself becoming annoyed with the character. Likewise, I like her better now than I did when they first brought her on, but only enjoy Tammy in small doses. This show is interesting in that it's made it through a lot of cast coming and going and still manages to be funny.