Respected Contributor

Re: Molly Ringwald and husband celebrate 22 years...

I am also a Molly fan.   A couple of non-John Hughes films that she did in the 80s are For Keeps and Surviving.  For Keeps is a romantic comedy but Surviving was a dramatic and sad film, very untypical of Molly.

Honored Contributor

How nice to hear this.  They look so happy.  And he does look like her love interest in the movie.  Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I googled her love interest a few years back and he left movie making shortly after 16 Candles and married and started a furniture making business somewhere in New England.  He was hot and so is Molly's hubby.  Congrats!!

That guy appeared later in another coming of age movie Called Mermaids. I think he played Winona Ryder's love interest.I think his name is Michael Schoeffling.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I googled her love interest a few years back and he left movie making shortly after 16 Candles and married and started a furniture making business somewhere in New England.  He was hot and so is Molly's hubby.  Congrats!!

That guy appeared later in another coming of age movie Called Mermaids. I think he played Winona Ryder's love interest.I think his name is Michael Schoeffling.

@RainCityWoman  - That's right!  I loved Mermaids.  Such a cute show.  Cher and Winona were great.  Christina Ricci was a little girl then.  I'd love to see that movie again.

Respected Contributor

They look like they were made for each other. Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Article of the cast from 16 candles "Where Are They Now" published in October 2022.  How they have changed but still the movie is one of a kind.  My son still in diapers would watch it every time I put it on, sit still and watch it.  I played the VHS tape alot!!Woman LOL

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/sixteen-candles-cast-where-are-they-now/

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."