Trusted Contributor

Does anyone still watch Modern Family?  Tonight was Episode 14 of 18 of their last season.  I found tonight's episode very emotional, especially with the flashbacks, and it almost could have served as a season/series finale or the next to the last episode of that.  I wonder what else is in store for the Pritchetts and Dunphys during the last 4 episodes.

I also noticed the final scene said In Memory of Marsha Kramer.  I googled her name and she played Jay's assistant, Margaret.  She passed away last month at the age of 74.  That's very sad to hear.  I thought her character was very funny.

I think this show is past its prime and it probably should have ended several seasons ago, but it's still a little sad to see it go.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Valued Contributor

Re: Modern Family (2/19/20)

[ Edited ]

Oh no I missed it.  I have a reminder on my phone for the last episode though. Have you seen the photos that were posted last week from some of the cast members at their last table read?  Very emotional and sweet .  You have to watch the short little instagram video that Eric Stonestreet posted.  OMG, made me tear up. The song is a great song called, Your Gonna Miss Me by Trace Adkins.    

Honored Contributor

I loved this show for the first few seasons, but once it lost its spark and the writing became tired, I stopped watching several seasons ago.  It still holds sort of a sentimental place in my TV viewing heart, since I really thought so highly of it in the beginning.

I follow a couple of the stars on Instagram, and they have been showing a lot of behind the scenes photos and videos that are both hysterically funny and sad at the same time. 

I haven't decided if I'll watch the very last episode, or just continue to let it go, and watch the inevitable posts about it on IG.

Honored Contributor

It definitely stayed past it's expiration date.  There are still some funny moments but after all these years, it's totally predictable.  I watch it On Demand while I'm working.  Not every week.  I'll watch the final episodes just...because.  

Esteemed Contributor

The rest of my family used to watch it every week, then somewhere along the line they stopped.

I never got into the show because, frankly, the one woman's voice just grated on my nerves for some reason.  I have since kind of gotten over that.

I may watch the last episode just to see it, if I remember to.  But we won't miss it.  There is so much other good stuff these days to watch.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I still watch it every week, and most evenings I catch a rerun episode.  The dialogue goes so fast at times, that it takes watching the episode a second time to catch all of the humor.  I do not like many sitcoms, but Modern Family is one that I have not gotten tired of watching.

Trusted Contributor

I thought editing and writing was stellar for this episode, especially having the backtracked stories interspersed with the current episode. The series has probably the most talented ensemble cast in TV today.

I just wondered why Luke, Manny, and Phil's other daughter weren't included. Perhaps it would have made the premise of meeting up too forced?

I have only watched the past couple of seasons so I am by no means an expert. Maybe I was slap happy with the flu, but I actually LOL'd in several scenes, especially Phil's scenes. That guy, and Ed O'Neal are hilarious.

dee