Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 44,120
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhwktRDG_aQ

 

In selected theatres, Mister Rogers the movie!  What a wonderful, wonderful person!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,725
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!

There’s a program on pbs tonight about him

DVR is set 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,975
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!

My sister begged me to go see this and I am so glad she did.....An excellent documentary! It shared how the show started and grew, and gave a great insight into Fred's personality, beliefs and how he related to kids and really cared about them.  And behind the scene laughs too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,681
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!

i'm looking forward to going to see this for a much-needed shot of decency. i grew up on King Friday the 13th, Josie and  singing "Goodnight ..." from Children's Corner at WQED.  has anyone else seen this movie?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,958
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!

[ Edited ]

How dearly we loved him, and how painfully we mourned his loss. I want to see this movie, but I expect I will shed some tears before it’s over.

He held a very special place in my life.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,377
Registered: ‎08-03-2013

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional wrote:

i'm looking forward to going to see this for a much-needed shot of decency. i grew up on King Friday the 13th, Josie and  singing "Goodnight ..." from Children's Corner at WQED.  has anyone else seen this movie?


 

@ms traditional   I saw it. I agree with @Spurt;  it was an excellent documentary. Not sure why but when it ended, I felt sad. That wasn't the expectation I had going in. Possibly that's one of the differences between a documentary and a "feel good" movie on the same subject; the former is interspersed with more truths/revelations which aren't always pretty.

 

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,975
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

i'm looking forward to going to see this for a much-needed shot of decency. i grew up on King Friday the 13th, Josie and  singing "Goodnight ..." from Children's Corner at WQED.  has anyone else seen this movie?


 

@ms traditional   I saw it. I agree with @Spurt;  it was an excellent documentary. Not sure why but when it ended, I felt sad. That wasn't the expectation I had going in. Possibly that's one of the differences between a documentary and a "feel good" movie on the same subject; the former is interspersed with more truths/revelations which aren't always pretty.

 


@Tique

 

I think the feeling of sadness is knowing Fred Rodgers is no longer with us, and we no longer have that decent type of programming for kids these days that teach them important lessons for life!  It's a feeling of sadness for the times we live in...One example---When they showed the people picketing his memorial service that made me sad and ANGRY Woman Mad  (cant go into that because of Q's Forum rules)....He treated everyone with kindness....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,944
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!

I'm going to see it this evening. I believe it is callled "Won't You Be My Neighbor?"

Honored Contributor
Posts: 38,508
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!


@violann wrote:

How dearly we loved him, and how painfully we mourned his loss. I want to see this movie, but I expect I will shed some tears before it’s over.

He held a very special place in my life.


 

 

@violann  My eyes are watery just watching the promo.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,711
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Mister Rogers The Movie!

[ Edited ]

I've been wanting to see it since I heard of its release.  DH and I are finally going today.  

ETA - I'm so glad I was able to see this.  There's so much the public didn't know about him, not to mention the speculations and rumors out there about Mr. Rogers.  The documentary settled those rumors once and for all.  Hearing his tender voice, singing the old songs, seeing his kind demeanor and the sensitivity in how he addressed important topics was quite touching.  Hearing from all of those close to him, his family and those who worked with him, was very insightful.  Fred Rogers truly lived a life of purpose.