Respected Contributor

Missing Live Theater and Concerts?

Here's a couple of paid streaming sources I think are pretty good.

Pre-pandemic, I used to go to local movie theaters that showed British National Theatre plays. Now they're available for home streaming. Google UK National Theatre.

Goldstar offers a wide variety of entertainment at reasonable prices. You sign up for free and they'll send you notices of whatever is available. The list changes constantly, so if nothing interests you today, maybe something will tomorrow.

Any other free or paid cultural streaming sites that have impressed you?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Missing Live Theater and Concerts?

I also check out National Theatre, also the Royal Opera House on YouTube they stream live both opera  and ballet which are really great - they let you know what is coming both date and time.     But.......

I can't wait to be in the middle of yelling crowd dancing and watching any live band - will it ever happen again and if it does will we feel 'brave' enough to go!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Missing Live Theater and Concerts?

I have subscribed to BroadwayHD, which was about $100 for a year and that has many many plays and musicals to watch. LOL - some a little questionable, since I was excited to see Jeckyl and Hyde, but was disappointed to see that the lead was played by David Hasselhoff! I also have signed up for emails from Broadway World Weekly and they often have free or streaming concerts. Starsinthehouse dot com has almost nightly concerts/interviews with Broadway and TV performers. They used to be free, but may now have a small fee to watch.

Plus, this is PBS pledge time and they have had some good conerts lately. I saw Stevie Nicks, the Bee Gees, an amazing one from Lea Salonga and Josh Groban.

I have tickets to see Music Man with Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster in NYC, but that has been rescheduled now to October 2022! Fingers crossed!