Honored Contributor

Missing Haleigh Cummings Case Tonight on HLN 8:00pm

This is the case of the little 5 yr old girl missing from her home for I think 10 yrs now. Father came home from night shift at work and Haleigh was missing. His then 17 yr old girlfriend had been home, claims she was asleep and someone took Haleigh. Her story has changed some over the years. Am pretty sure the father married her not long after this happened; forgot whether they are still married.

8:00pm ET on HLN. I'm going to watch it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Missing Haleigh Cummings Case Tonight on HLN 8:00pm

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
This is the case of the little 5 yr old girl missing from her home for I think 10 yrs now. Father came home from night shift at work and Haleigh was missing. His then 17 yr old girlfriend had been home, claims she was asleep and someone took Haleigh. Her story has changed some over the years. Am pretty sure the father married her not long after this happened; forgot whether they are still married.

8:00pm ET on HLN. I'm going to watch it.

@Pearlee  I remember that case because I used to watch Nancy Grace and she featured it on nightly for a long time. Ron and Misty did get married around the time of Haleigh's disappearance but are now divorced. They were both arrested and are in prison now. Mainly on drug charges. Ron's getting out before Misty. I recall seeing Ron's grandmother interviewed and she kept saying a cousin threw Misty in a nearby river, but after lengthy investigation nothing was ever found in that river. I'll tune in and check this out. Thanks for posting about it.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee @colliemom4 

I used to watch Nancy Grace too and remember many of the cases. This was another very sad story. I’d be interested in this. 

Honored Contributor

I watched this last night. Ronald gets out in a couple of years. I wonder if he'll be able to figure out anything more about what happened to his daughter? They were heavily into drugs so I'm wondering if Misty didn't give her to a drug dealer. This is certainly a sad and strange story. Misty is definitely lying.

Honored Contributor

Yes Misty is definitely lying. I had read about her brother and cousin having shown up at midnight that night and one of them having assaulted and killed the girl. That was one of Misty's previous stories. It was briefly mentioned near the end of the show but the police seem to have dismissed it. So then it's back to Misty knowing what happened and not telling. If a dead Haleigh were thrown in the river(likely,) then she probably was eaten by alligators and no body will ever be found.

I hadn't known Misty had taken a shower after she found the girl missing and before she called police. Hmmmm.

Trusted Contributor

I hadn’t realized Ronald and Misty were in prison and for the length of time it will be. Ronald was quite angry about all of it for what he thought was a small thing (selling what is equivalent to aspirin, if I remember right). 

I hadn't remembered that Misty showered, either.. I wonder what her reasoning was. She had a lot of different stories going which shows she was not being honest.