Honored Contributor

Re: Miss you, Prince

[ Edited ]

Purple Rain saved my life as a kid.  I will forever miss this man and his music. His work is still the first to be uploaded into any new device I buy and always will be. 

God just doesn't give talent and grace to regular human beings like this anymore.    Heart

That Minneapolis choir in heaven is rocking and wearing purple halos.  Smiley Very Happy    

Honored Contributor

Related image
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Empire's version of Lets Go Crazy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_hxhKnptdQ

173836.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I heard the song Stand Back sung by Stevie Nicks last night. Written by Prince.  So many of his songs sung by very different artists.  Amazing.

@songbird I LOVE that song!!! Never knew Prince wrote it. OMG, he was so talented, I miss him too! He was one of my favorites & he always will be.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Related image

@LoriLori Great picture of those sexy eyes of his, thx!

Honored Contributor

He was incredible. I regret never seeing him in concert as well.......I listen to his music everyday while I exercise! I miss him terribly!!!!!! Hard to believe it has been 2 years already.........   

Honored Contributor

Prince wrote many songs recorded by other artists.

Some of these songs were "Side B' Songs recorded by Prince but the covers were better known by other artists.

A very, very, talented artist.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this thread.......I so miss Prince too, what a void he left in the music industry.  I was fortunate enough to see him for the first time in concert back in 2010 or 11 and it was awesome I didn't want the show to end; he truly loved his craft.  It was the last show at Madison Square Garden before he moved on to the next city and the crowd didn't want him to go so he kept coming back out and playing like nobody's business. I was already planning to go see him again if he toured.

I am still in disbelief that's he's gone.......very sad.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

In orthopedic circles, they are saying he would be alive today if he'd had a hip transplant and saw a Rheumatologist for the hand pain, which was probably arthritis.  Alive and performing.     So often people who are brilliant in one part of their lives are are naive or reckless in other aspects of their lives.  Perhaps he did use recreational drugs but those are not the drugs that killed him.  He was in so much pain that he self medicated with black market drugs and the danger is that people who do that have no way of knowing what they are really buying.  He thought he was taking Vicodin and didn't know it was laced with Fentanyl.  All deaths are tragic but a needless death is especially hard to take.  How does a man who can easily afford the best medical care on the planet end up like that? 

Could you please tell me what hospital is doing hip transplants?