Trusted Contributor

Blunt and honest, you cal also tell here that Miss Davis had suffered a stroke, we love Bette Davis

Bettie Davis on J. Crawaford 

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Not long before she passed away, Miss Davis was on Johnny Carson, I saw this show not too long ago. He asked her if there was anyone in Hollywood she truly disliked, and she was very quick to answer, Faye Dunaway. Made her sound like a real drama queen and prima donna. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Miss Bette Davis

[ Edited ]

A fascinating woman, always... And a brilliant actress... If there was ever a time when she was robbed on the Oscar it was for her perfomance in All About Eve... Of course, pundits suggest the vote was split among several wonderful performances that year...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Not long before she passed away, Miss Davis was on Johnny Carson, I saw this show not too long ago. He asked her if there was anyone in Hollywood she truly disliked, and she was very quick to answer, Faye Dunaway. Made her sound like a real drama queen and prima donna. 

I remember that interview well.  Carson also asked her the names of some of her favorite co-stars.  She was especially fond of Herbert Marshall, whose performance with her in The Letter was, to me, his best ever.  TCM just happens to be airing it at midnight tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

One of the greatest actresses to come out of Hollywood !  She was a tough determined independent woman not without issues and on screen she had so much talent and entertained us all with her Oscar worthy performances!

Respected Contributor

If you love her like I do.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eja-popojUo      Bette Davis eyes. All the boys think she's a spy....

Honored Contributor

Re: Miss Bette Davis

[ Edited ]

I just watched her the other day- Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. She was so good in that as well. I am not surprised about Faye Dunaway, as I have heard that about her before....Bette Davis was just a phenomenal actress, good in everything she did! Love watching her old movies!

Trusted Contributor

She was one tough broad and I mean that in the most respectful way.  Excellent actress.  Love her movies and all old movies.  That is when acting was acting.  Not like the junk they put out today.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my faves is Jezebel.  I love how she wear the forbidden red dress and Henry Fonda's character forces her to dance.

Esteemed Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I remember that interview well.  Carson also asked her the names of some of her favorite co-stars.  She was especially fond of Herbert Marshall, whose performance with her in The Letter was, to me, his best ever.  TCM just happens to be airing it at midnight tomorrow.

I have heard her also say she loved working with Claude Rains....and they were supposedly very close in real life...