Esteemed Contributor

There isn't anything on t.v. tonight (reruns and debates) so in desperation I turned in Miss America  2.0.  Evidently the Powers to be decided to revamp the show (interesting changes, still a boring show).  I won't watch it again (better to catch up on my sleep).

Contributor

I totally agree - Totally boring. 

Honored Contributor

They had Miss New Mexico on the news tonight.  Very plain Jane and ordinary.  The emphasis is supposed to be on background and intelligence; beauty not important.  Yawn.  Why can't we have both?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I turned it on and then turned it off very quickly. The format was very stilted and not particularly entertaining. I have no problem with them seeking well rounded young women, but this was just silly. They claim they're no longer a pageant but a competition. Whatever. They can skip the swim suits, but years ago when I was a regular viewer, I always used to enjoy seeing the gowns. Simply because a woman wears a gown doesn't negate her other qualities. In their zeal to try, unsuccessfully one could add, to make it current, they've essentially taken all the fun out of it, limited though it might have been. I did turn back to see who won and it appears they even did away with the winner taking her victory 'walk'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I saw it trending on Twitter and turned it on during the "job interview" segment and one woman walked out with a top that was so not a job interview top.   I'm not sure where they're going with this, but it still needs work.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I didn't see it, I read about it.  I can understand dropping the swimsuit competition but why did they drop the evening gown competition?  That would be the best part of it for me.  The only part worth seeing.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I turned it on and then turned it off very quickly. The format was very stilted and not particularly entertaining. I have no problem with them seeking well rounded young women, but this was just silly. They claim they're no longer a pageant but a competition. Whatever. They can skip the swim suits, but years ago when I was a regular viewer, I always used to enjoy seeing the gowns. Simply because a woman wears a gown doesn't negate her other qualities. In their zeal to try, unsuccessfully one could add, to make it current, they've essentially taken all the fun out of it, limited though it might have been. I did turn back to see who won and it appears they even did away with the winner taking her victory 'walk'.

@stevieb   No "Burt Parks Walk" w/ blinding flashbulbs. Ah, the good ole days.