Honored Contributor

For those of you needing your Kit Harrington fix, he stars with Liv Tyler in this three part miniseries starting Sunday-Tuesday at 10:00 on HBO. From the TV Guide “A wealthy 17th-century English family will be playing its own deadly game in the nail-biting premiere of HBO’s historical thriller Gunpowder. Catholic Robert Catesby (Harrington) and cousin Anne Vaux  (Tyler) watch helplessly as sadistic “Catholic catcher” Sir William Wade (Shaun Dooley) and his gang tear up her home searching for hidden priests What follows is horrific-and Catesby vows violent revenge”. Catesby is Harrington’s ancestor.

Honored Contributor

So no one’s interested in watching this?

Respected Contributor

I have the DVR set to watch it.  It sounds good.

Honored Contributor

I did not know this series was coming to HBO.  I watched it last month on BBC.

It is really good.  Worth the watch.  There are only 3 episodes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, thanks for posting.  I have this marked to watch so I am happy to hear the reviews.  Always looking for new series, especially in the winter while gardening is all done!  LM

Honored Contributor

I watched this last night, it was so-so. There are only 2 more episodes, so I will continue to watch (Kit Harrington is easy on the eyes). The 2 killings because of religious beliefs were horrifying. 

Honored Contributor

I watched the last episode, it was a disappointing ending. It kind of reminded me of the ending of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Catesby and his men didn't stand a chance, they were outnumbered and over powered. Everyone you cared about died, those you hated didn't. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

The ending slow motion shooting/sword fighting scenes reminded me of the movie ending in Bonnie & Clyde.  The machine gun ambush ending scene was done all in slow motion.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif