Esteemed Contributor

Re: Millionaire Lottery Dream Home

@Hawkfan83 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I don't quite get tattoos.  My next door neighbor is a world renowned tattoo artist and I've seen quite a bit of his work.  What he does is magnificent, but personally, I'd put it on canvas rather than on people's bodies.  When tattoos became popular (again), most people were going with one or two here or there.  Now people are covered from their necks to their toes and some even on their faces.  That gives me the creeps.  I often wonder what these people will look like when they get old.  One young person told me he doesn't worry about it because he's sure there will be an invention by that time to safely remove tattoos.  Yikes.

David from MLDH is the kind of guy you either like or not.  I can take him in small doses, but I do think he has excellent taste and can decorate a home beautifully.  I enjoy seeing how some of the winners choose to spend their money.  Most are pretty conservative and don't purchase anything that's too over the top.

that is what I like they are not spending all their winnings on a house its refreshing 

First of all, I wonder how much they really get after taxes if they only win a million. Secondly, I wonder how some will pay the property tax on some of these homes. All I know is in Seattle winning a million after taxes would get you very little. I am always amazed at what you can get in other parts of the country for so much less.

I saw a House Hunters episode where the family was moving to Seattle and their budget was $850,000. They soon realized they had to up it to $1.2 million and didn't get much for it. (The median price in Bellevue is $1.08 million!)  Every time we watch shows like Fixer Upper, hubs says we should move. 

The problem is how many of us Seattlites would want to live in Waco? LOL.

Valued Contributor

David is probably one of my favorite hosts on t.v. He is hilarious. Personally, I think he makes a somewhat boring show entertaining. 

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

David is probably one of my favorite hosts on t.v. He is hilarious. Personally, I think he makes a somewhat boring show entertaining. 

@Sheilaray 

I like him also.  If there were another host - I probably wouldn't watch the show.  The "winners" are rather boring.  David makes it interesting.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like David and follow him on Social Media. I like him and he makes this show interesting!

Contributor

I think David is a great host. He’s warm and genuine with the all of the winners. His enthusiasm for the job jumps off the screen. 

Honored Contributor

I think this one of the better shows on HGTV now.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@mintedrose wrote:

You know its sad that someone has a problem with a host because they have tatoos.

Maybe try hard to Look beyond their body art and what they look like, and maybe celebrate them for their accomplishments and the good they do for others. Would you rather have someone who didnt have tatoos but was a complete jack a#@? 

David in my opinion absolutely makes the show. Maybe your'e a little uptight. 

I have a feeling that it's not just the tattoos that she has a problem with.

She also has a problem with Alberti wearing *gasp* sneakers while on air.

And weathermen that don't wear ties...

Esteemed Contributor

I love this show, one of my favorites.  David is a big reason for that. He is a hoot with personality plus.  He does make the show and I like him just the way he is.