Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Millionaire Lottery Dream Home

David is fabulous! I love his personality.
Honored Contributor

I like Chip and Joanna but they are waaaaaay overexposed at this point.
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Im hoping Joanna Gaines gets to take over the show once she starts her new Magnolia Network. For those of you who dont know, Joanna and Chip are starting a new network next year and some of the HGTV shows are moving over.

You think Joanna will take over David’s show?  😏😏😏

Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Im hoping Joanna Gaines gets to take over the show once she starts her new Magnolia Network. For those of you who dont know, Joanna and Chip are starting a new network next year and some of the HGTV shows are moving over.

Hey, @Reever , once again you’ve managed to confuse me. Remember when you said that you were forced to watch QVC and nothing else every waking hour of your day? When you complained about CIJ and everyone said you should just watch another channel, you said you couldn’t? I didn’t realize “My Million Dollar Dream Home” and “Fixer Upper” moved to QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

I´ve watched this show forever and never paid attention to David´s appearance. I´m here wondering Tattoos, what tattoos. Iḿ more interested in what he is saying and most of all seeing the houses. Guess I should pay more attention to his appearance.

Iḿ trying to remember the show that David won many, many, years ago on HGTV. It was a contest but I can´t rememberthe name.  That win paved the way for him and he´s doing great.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

I´ve watched this show forever and never paid attention to David´s appearance. I´m here wondering Tattoos, what tattoos. Iḿ more interested in what he is saying and most of all seeing the houses. Guess I should pay more attention to his appearance.

Iḿ trying to remember the show that David won many, many, years ago on HGTV. It was a contest but I can´t rememberthe name.  That win paved the way for him and he´s doing great.

@Sage04  I looked it up for you. David won HGTV's Design Star back in 2006.

I always enjoy him with his humor and upbeat personality.

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees, you are correct. That´s it. We need shows like those back on the air. That was so much fun.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Sage04 !  After winning Design Star, he hoste Color Splash!  I love his use of color and how he made an art piece/painting for each home featured.

i think he’s a great host just based on his personality.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear I always think it's so funny that the cheapest homes on the channel are typically featured on this ironically named show!  I watch most of their programming on this channell because I live in a tiny rental that I will probably live in forever (and love).  Escapism at its best!  Love David!

Esteemed Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I love the show and love David, the tatoos don't both me.  The only thing that bothers me about the show is I have noticed when he says they can buy a house furnished,  it appears that the people are already living there and maybe the show was filmed after the fact.  For example, I get that you can buy a furnished house but that shouldn't include all their knick nacks,  plant stands,  the house is exactly the same after they move in as it was during the tour,

otherwise enjoy the show and love David.

Flippers stage the homes.  I am sure they are happy to sell the stuff.  Though I am sure most have already chosen their home if the sales are real.  I heard that was true of the Gaines.  I once had a friend who was featured in million dollar listings, and she wasn't buying anything...