Honored Contributor

Re: Million Dollar Listing LA - it's baaack!

Felt bad for Suzanne there she sits on 28 acres in California and Flagg says 

"land isn't good for nothing you can't develop it, can't build on it, etc."

she just have to value it for the fact that she will never have people around her that she will have to put up with.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE  Yes, that's why I speculated that the new buyer would have to be quirky. The place might be good for an AirBnB or a regular B&B or turn it into a retreat-type business. I'm sure it was a bit difficult to hear that your place is "useless." I'd like to hear how Josh Altman would spin that listing if he was the realtor!

Honored Contributor

music playing loud /Rock Stars they can blast themselves to death and not bother half the country.

Honored Contributor

This past Thursdays episode actually brought tears to my eyes.

Josh Alltmans parents reaction to their sons purchasing them that gorgeous home was nice to see. They are all very fortunate for sure.

These Realtors have matured in a good way.

Fredrick is the only one that I do not think is a good fit in LA. He is much more suited for NY IMO. I don't care for him on the West Coast at all. 

Trusted Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

This past Thursdays episode actually brought tears to my eyes.

Josh Alltmans parents reaction to their sons purchasing them that gorgeous home was nice to see. They are all very fortunate for sure.

These Realtors have matured in a good way.

Fredrick is the only one that I do not think is a good fit in LA. He is much more suited for NY IMO. I don't care for him on the West Coast at all. 

I loved that episode too. It made me tear up. What a great gift to give their parents so they can be closer to their grandchildren. 

Honored Contributor

I could tell because I could see that Josh's wife wasn't really down with it. You never saw the other daughter in law, but, I could read between the lines and I don't think the daughters in law was on board it was more of the 2 brothers ideas.

I would think the parents would be best to ask themselves make up your mind do you want to stay where your at or move to Cal.

Ok, somebody gave you a house. they also gave you more bills too.

Property tax, insurance, maintenance up keep,  monthly sky high bills and I wouldn't live in Cal. if you gave me a house.

All that glass ? No, thanks ! Security bills out the wazoo. Those parents probably could afford to buy their own home if they wanted to move bad enough.

who wants their in laws to move down the road from them in first place. Been there and isn't no fun.    I think it was not a good idea, but, I'm practical, feet on the ground type of person. Level headed.

Atman's wife first thing she said "what about the vacation home we were buying"? he said "that's out" she wasn't down with that. So, there we got resentment already. Each brother has to shell out 3 million a piece.

Those kids probably don't care if grandparents are around all that much anyway , especially, as they get older.  Not good idea.

Honored Contributor

One more thing who has the Title to the house ?

the one(s) who paid for it ? they would have the power to tell you to hit the road if the going got rough ? Your on shaky ground

What if the parents can't meet taxes and get behind ? Brothers are stuck with their parents bills ? what if the father dies? does he have life insurance?

Honored Contributor

any other opinions ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

One more thing who has the Title to the house ?

the one(s) who paid for it ? they would have the power to tell you to hit the road if the going got rough ? Your on shaky ground

What if the parents can't meet taxes and get behind ? Brothers are stuck with their parents bills ? what if the father dies? does he have life insurance?

@SharkE   Altman's wife, Heather, mentioned the extra mortgage they would be paying, not the parents.  Altman is so rich, this house wouldn't put a dent in his pocket.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I don't know Heather was whining about what was to become of their plan to buy another house like a retreat house, vacation house or something else and he told her that was out.  She acted like she'd just as soon as they take a pass on it.

those parents aren't broke let 'em buy their own digs.  They probably don't want to mooch on their kids anyway. I know the Altman's aren't on Medicaid or nothing, but, I think they're getting in over their heads. That lifestyle isn't cheap and in Cal of all places.