Honored Contributor

Re: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Split After Seven Months Of Marriage

OK - Here's my take on Miley. She was 14 and starring in Hannah Montana, just starting to become famous and a role model to the girls. I took my middle school Girl Scout troop to see her. She turned sideways and her dress was cut down to her waist! You could see everything! Her dad was right beside her, and I remember thinking - at FOURTEEN you would let your sweet daughter dress like this?

Miley handpicked Liam to star in The Last Song with her. She was 18; he was 20. He moved into the Cyrus home while they were filming. HELLO? Two young kids, constantly together? OK. 

I think he broke up with her around the time she did that crazy "Blurred Lines" with Robin Thicke.

So when I heard this news - "Quelle Surprise"!

As far as Julianne goes, I think this is all for publicity. They are both sharing too much. I think she's tried everything to get and stay in the limelight, starting when she revealed she was sexually assaulted while in the care of Mark Ballas' parents. She and Derek were staying with them in London as young teens to improve their dancing skills. Derek and Mark never commented on the situation. Of course her disclosure came out right before one of her movies was released! IDK if it's true or not - I just think it's strange that neither Derek nor Mark said anything about it. Maybe they didn't know what to say. And what about Mark's parents? 

So I'm not sure whether or not Julianne's admitting she's not straight to her husband is true. First, conversations between husbands and wives should be PRIVATE. I know millenials share everything, but it seems to me some of these husbands wouldn't be thrilled with what their wives have to say! 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Not surprising .....   A lot of first marriages don't work out, even for people who aren't in show biz.   

@Tinkrbl44   Most of those aren't over in seven months.

@Pearlee 

Oh, really?   Do you have some statistics from a credible source?   lol

@Tinkrbl44   Nope, pure guesswork - I'm sure you can relate to that.

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

Sad for both of them and their parents.

I think for her mother it's another reason.  Her career has been on the skids for a while.  Her last two albums flopped.  She was never a great singer to begin with.  Her mother was her manager.  She had total control of her till was at least 18 (maybe longer) I don't think she still her manger.  While Liam has maintained his career on level, she has not.  So I think right now career wise, it's a disappointment to her parents anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

Now that’s a big surprise!! Lol!! 😂😂

Honored Contributor

She has always acted like a nitwit. I don't know of many people that would want someone to lick their face in public( or privately either ,for that matter). I never thought it would last, and I am sure she will go through a string of people ,and perhaps never settle down with anyone.

Honored Contributor

She began living a big life when she was much too young.  I think it messed with her stability and decision making.

Respected Contributor

The way Miley Cyrus has always flaunted herself in public has always turned my stomach!  Much is missing with her?

Respected Contributor

Thank you @sidsmom for presenting another possibility for the breakup. Miley said she and Liam had a non traditional marriage, which could mean a lot of things. I cant believe the bashing of this young woman, even to the point of calling her disgusting. And the comment that since Julianne Hough came out as not straight, the poster cant watch her anymore. Whaaat?
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

She began living a big life when she was much too young.  I think it messed with her stability and decision making.

That and all the weed she smokes.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bathina wrote:
Thank you @sidsmom for presenting another possibility for the breakup. Miley said she and Liam had a non traditional marriage, which could mean a lot of things. I cant believe the bashing of this young woman, even to the point of calling her disgusting. And the comment that since Julianne Hough came out as not straight, the poster cant watch her anymore. Whaaat?

@bathina 

I know.  It’s sad when people can’t accept someone who doesn’t

act or look like them. 

I saw this roll across my entertainment/news feed. 👇

Gossip says she’s the one trying to make it work.

Again, observing from the outside in, it appears to me she’s 

a soft soul who is the ‘grounded’ one in the relationship.

Hope they work it out...life’s too short to be unhappy.

F8AD68E3-FA5C-44E3-BECF-E18233027844.jpeg