Honored Contributor

Nice to see Mike from Mike and Molly has a new comedy show coming in the fall.  I thought  he was good in Mike and Molly.  Saw a clip for it .

Honored Contributor

i have seen the promos for it a few times.

BOB Heart ABISHOLA

https://thumbnails.cbsig.net/CBS_Production_Entertainment_VMS/2019/05/14/1522311235875/bob_hearts_abishola_b2c_cpds_1920x1080_45137_1920x1080.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have seen the promos for it a few times.

BOB Heart ABISHOLA

https://thumbnails.cbsig.net/CBS_Production_Entertainment_VMS/2019/05/14/1522311235875/bob_hearts_abishola_b2c_cpds_1920x1080_45137_1920x1080.jpg

Thank you for posting this.  I am not liking the mustach but still like himSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Loved Mike & Molly...wish it wasn't cancelled.

Honored Contributor

I’ve already seen at least 3, maybe 4 recycled plots appearing on the landscape  of Sitcom Land for a Fall 2019. 

It doesn’t seem to say much for viewers if the bar is lowered to get really talented people on the screen saying the same things that they were saying in Gen 1. 

Even funnier than the concept of this one is disguising Billy Connelly by giving him a mustache! (“Hi viewers- you might have thought this guy LOOKED like MIKE, a very large man involved in a contemporary relation with a somewhat non-traditional partner, but NO, this is a completely different person! Look at that mustache!)

Isn’t ANYONE capable of writing good concept comedy focusing on something UNIQUE?

Honored Contributor

I have seen the ads for this show too and hope its good! It prob wont be without "" Molly"" but will give it a chance for sure!! I really liked Mike and Molly. It was one of my favorites shows. I still watch the reruns.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I love him. I miss the show also it was funny. He guest stars on a radio show in Pgh once in awhile. I will check it out. Thanks @sunshine 919 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I have seen the ads for this show too and hope its good! It prob wont be without "" Molly"" but will give it a chance for sure!! I really liked Mike and Molly. It was one of my favorites shows. I still watch the reruns.

The actress who played Victoria is doing well on “ American Housewife,” so I’ll bet Mike’s new show will be good , everyone on Mike and Molly was talented.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: Mike and Molly

[ Edited ]

I always enjoyed Mike & Molly but towards the end of the series the character of Mike was almost completely tossed aside in favor of making it the Melissa McCarthy show.  Almost every episode revolved around her.

I always thought they did him an injustice.   The show started out with him being an integral character to the plot and ended with him being almost an afterthought

I'm looking forward to seeing him in this new show.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

I agree..it was all about her..so maybe it was good that it ended.

I loved his mother and her little dog...lol!

The wise cracks she made..kept me laughing during most of the show!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."