Honored Contributor

I just heard former QVC-er Mike Rowe is starting a new show, called something like "Returning the Favor".   The concept sounded terrific, like maybe they would surprise Good Samaritans, people who had done a good turn for others, with some terrific reward (fixing up their house, maybe) or something like that.  But I didn't get the whold gist.

Anybody know anything about it?  I like Mike Rowe.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mike Rowe is a Busy Guy!

Mike Rowe used to be one of their good hosts!  I loved seeing him with Joan Rivers, that was a hoot. Now that was entertainment. Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Mike seems to be able to do no wrong.  I loved him on the Q and I really enjoy his Dirty Jobs.  The new show sounds wonderful. I hope it is the concept the OP mentioned, and I definitely will be watching.  Thanks for postsing this one OP.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I just heard former QVC-er Mike Rowe is starting a new show, called something like "Returning the Favor".   The concept sounded terrific, like maybe they would surprise Good Samaritans, people who had done a good turn for others, with some terrific reward (fixing up their house, maybe) or something like that.  But I didn't get the whold gist.

I keep up with him on Facebook, he's a hoot there too

I did see information on the new show on his FB page.

Honored Contributor

I wish him much success, his parents can be proud of this amazing guy.

I love his insight on many things, definitely not a snowflake mentality.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

I keep up with him on Facebook, he's a hoot there too

I did see information on the new show on his FB page.

@Oznell@software is correct.  Mike is starting a web only show via Facebook about as you said doing nice things for people that are doing nice things for their communities and giving back without asking for anything.  Looks like a winner to me (please know I love me some Mike Rowe!) . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm kind of sorry it won't be a TV show.  He's such an interesting character, with iconoclastic views--  I'd love to see him with a late night talk show, or something!

Honored Contributor

Mike has it all; good looking, extremely funny, and has a wonderful voice.  He was much too talented for QVC.  I'm a big fan. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Then there were the commercials for Viva paper towels he did with his parents. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Love him.  He must get his sense of humor from his mom.  When he writes about her on FB, it's a comedy skit.  I'm also a proponent of technical schools for skilled laborers, rather than college.