Honored Contributor

I just discovered this series and am really enjoying it. I Googled it and found there are around 16-17 seasons. WOW! How did I not know about this until now?

I have Acorn TV and have started with Season 1, watching the first three episodes so far. 

I find the writing to be great. Usually I am pretty good at figuring out who the murderer is in stories, but must admit I have not been very smart in figuring these out so far, nor the reason for the murder taking place.

Very glad to find something that I can watch this summer when a lot of my favorite TV programs are on hiatus. And also glad that the series keeps me involved with so many characters and possible suspects. So many of the characters are busy-bodies and I have to chuckle how they get involved in everyone else's business.

I also like the Murdoch Mysteries on Acorn. Acorn is definitely worth the money for me!

Honored Contributor

No one does mysteries like the Brits

Honored Contributor

@cherry  Amen to that! 

But this Midsomer place.....kind of reminds me of Jessica Fletcher's home town (Murder She Wrote). How can so many murders take place in such a small town? ha!

Honored Contributor

I might be wrong ,but ,I think Midsommer encompasses a lot of litte towns in the area. sort of like a township ,or a county @World Traveler 

Regular Contributor

We have joined the Midsommer Murder Society and are flying over for a tour of the shooting locations and a dinner with Daniel Casey.  We are real fans.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler 

The writing and performances stay excellent season after season. I envy you seeing these for the first time.

I get both Midsummer Murders and Murdoch on over the air broadcasts.

Regular Contributor

We also like Poirot and Miss Marple, the Agatha Christie series.  These are very well done.  Brokenwood Mysteries is the New Zealand version of Midsommer Murders and Is good if you can get through the accent.

Honored Contributor

"Midsomer Murders" is one of my current favorites.  They show 2 episodes every Thursday on one of the DirecTV channels 

I also love "Shakespeare and Hathaway"  (more light-hearted, but still fun to watch).

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching right now.  It's a rerun, but, I don't care.  We get this on PBS.  I know you'll enjoy these episides!!!

You may also enjoy The Dr Blake Mysteries and Grantchester (coming back to PBS in July).  Endeavor is another well written series.

Honored Contributor

@Drlinda I like Poirot and Miss Marple too. In fact, a couple of days ago, there was a program where the actor who plays Poirot (Shuchet?) met with Agatha's grandson, who showed him some some of her notebooks, some home movies, and other personal effects. The actor also met with Agatha's biographer and he traveled to places Agatha loved, like Turkey. Very interesting show.