Valued Contributor

Series sounds so good.  I hope my PBS gets these shows.  Do you think the series might  go to Netflix or Amazon?

Respected Contributor

@countrylady 

I believe Midsomer Murders is on Netflix now.

Valued Contributor

Great!  Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

I started from the very first episode and had to chuckle today when I watched one where the character's family name is Inkpen. It seems each episode the English names are so different and interesting. No Smith, Jones, or Browns......Inkpen! ha!

I have been to England, but don't recall hearing such unique names. Is this series unusual in the names they give their characters or is this typical British names they use?

Honored Contributor

Just to check back on this series that I watched a lot of this past summer. I am still going thru the series, starting from the beginning. I am now several seasons forward to where Barnaby (the original) has a new partner. I liked the prior partner better, even though Barnaby wasn't very nice to him at times, I thought.

But the new partner is a little cocky in my opinion and seems to feel he is God's gift to women! ha!

Anyway, still keeping up with the series. One of these day I will be current. I know at some point there is a new Barnaby, which I am sorry to know about. I really like this one. He is "comfortable" to watch and listen to. In real life, did he just want to move on to other projects?

Trusted Contributor

Keep watching both new characters grew on me. My favorite character in the new seasons is Sykes the dog!

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler - the original Barnaby retired on the series and they brought in his cousin.  I didn't know if I would like the new Barnaby or not, but I did come to like him after a few episodes.  He is a little different and can be quirky.  And, his little dog Sykes is adorable!

A note to everyone watching this show on Netflix:  the show will disappear on October 1st, so watch it a lot in September!

Honored Contributor

I love this show and just discovered it again on Netflix and thank you @dawg lover  for mentioning that! I didn't know Netflix would stop showing it in Oct. I guess the streaming channels get rights for a certain amount of time or something.

I also like reading about people's favorite side kicks on this show.

I first really missed Troy the first one and didn't like Jones as much until I got used to him but now I think Nelson is my favorite.

I didn't like the second Barnaby as much either but now appreciate him

and the character he plays.

And yes, I too love Sykes!

I just read that sadly he is in heaven  now over the rainbow bridge but what a good life and long in doggy years. He seemed proud of his role in the show. I just wanted to pick him up and give him a hug!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Ovation channel has Midsomer episodes every Thursday starting at 8am till 3pm, we have Spectrum cable.

Respected Contributor

All episodes are available on Acorn.  We do most of our TV watching on Acorn and Britbox. They are so worth a few bucks per month.