Regular Contributor

Just back from England.  Met the members of the MM Society.  The were very friendly and we enjoyed spending time and talking with them.

Toured several of the scenic villages.  Incredible!  The videos can not describe the incredible beauty and tranquility of that environment.  The Society gives you a list of things to find in the village and turns you loose.  We got points for all we found.  Fun type of scavenger hunt.

Then in the evenings went on pub tours.  All the pubs were featured in the series, so each scene site was highlighted.   Ended with a MM trivia contest to earn more points.

Had dinner one night at the Compleat Angler, sight of many episodes.  Daniel Casey (Sergeant Troy) joined us to tell behind the scenes stories, pose for pictures, sign autographs and generally, meet and greet.  He was fabulous. Great looking guy and extremely friendly and outgoing.  I even saw pictures of his mother and father.  Fun evening.

Next day day we went to the shoot sight for the cricket games.  We got to gear up and learn to play cricket.  Each of the villagers gave us a house tour, so we could see the shoot scenes and of course, provided tea and biscuits.

We did not win the big prize as the Germans did, but we had a great time in the heartland of England.   Highly recommend for fans.

Honored Contributor

@Drlinda wrote:

Just back from England.  Met the members of the MM Society.  The were very friendly and we enjoyed spending time and talking with them.

Toured several of the scenic villages.  Incredible!  The videos can not describe the incredible beauty and tranquility of that environment.  The Society gives you a list of things to find in the village and turns you loose.  We got points for all we found.  Fun type of scavenger hunt.

Then in the evenings went on pub tours.  All the pubs were featured in the series, so each scene site was highlighted.   Ended with a MM trivia contest to earn more points.

Had dinner one night at the Compleat Angler, sight of many episodes.  Daniel Casey (Sergeant Troy) joined us to tell behind the scenes stories, pose for pictures, sign autographs and generally, meet and greet.  He was fabulous. Great looking guy and extremely friendly and outgoing.  I even saw pictures of his mother and father.  Fun evening.

Next day day we went to the shoot sight for the cricket games.  We got to gear up and learn to play cricket.  Each of the villagers gave us a house tour, so we could see the shoot scenes and of course, provided tea and biscuits.

We did not win the big prize as the Germans did, but we had a great time in the heartland of England.   Highly recommend for fans.

love this

Esteemed Contributor

@Drlinda  Glad  to hear you enjoyed the Midsomer Murders Society tour.  My brother has recommended it to me.  He moved to England a few years ago and although he's based in London for business, has fallen in love with the country villages.  One of these days I plan to go specifically for this tour, but stuff keeps getting in the way.  

Midsomer Murders is one of my favorite TV programs.  It's one I frequently look for to stream episodes when I'm having a lazy day at home.  Acorn, BritBox, Netflix, and now The Roku Channel stream episodes of the show.  There are brief commercial breaks on the Roku Channel, but they are usually no more than 60 to 90-seconds.  

Honored Contributor

That's one of my favorite programs.  I can't wait for the new season.  I have had heard about that tour and I want to take it the next time we are go to London.  It's sounds like a great time.

Trusted Contributor

Is this a day trip from London?  How did you find out about it. I am going in September and looking for a quick trip out of London.

Sounds like you had a really good time.  

Regular Contributor

We stayed at the Peacock Inn in Chinoor.   It took about 30 minutes to get there from Marlybone Station.  If you go with the club, they stay at the Peacock for the weekend and arrange the village tours.

Esteemed Contributor

That sounds wonderful. My husband and I enjoyed the Midsomer mysteries for years. Then Spectrum bought our cable network and eliminated the PBS station that showed the mysteries. We continue to be upset about this but the Spectrum company could not care less about what customers want, I can’t wait for streaming to take over and give it to these horrific cable companies that exist to rip us off.

Honored Contributor

I'm delighted you were able to meet Daniel Casey - it must have been exciting.  Personally, I would have preferred Jason Hughes, but no complaints if it was Daniel.

Regular Contributor

You can view episodes of MM on Acorn and Pluto TV.

Last year the guest was Jane Wymark.  Even Sykes came one year.  Great fun for fans.

Respected Contributor

@Drlinda what fun you had!  it's amazing how the sights, characters and ambience of those villages grow upon us, the viewers.   i am so glad that it worked out well for you - Daniel Troy sounds like a good guy!  thank you for sharing your thoughts.