Esteemed Contributor

Re: 😲😢 Michael K. Williams R.I.P. 😢

I didn't watch the wire I discovered him in Boardwalk Empire and When They See Us among many others.

I was always a fan of his work but when Oprah had the cast on for When They See Us I really appreciated and respected him as a person and how humble he was.

RIP.  Hard to believe.

Honored Contributor

RIP!  It's amazing to me that there are so many famous people whom I've never heard of.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

DailyMail: The Wire actor Michael K. Williams died after ingesting cocktail of fentanyl-laced heroin and cocaine, autopsy reveals

• The 54-year-old actor was discovered dead in his Brooklyn home September 6
  • An autopsy report confirming the cause of Williams' death was released today 

The New York Coroner's office ruled the 54-year-old's death accidental today,  naming the cause as 'acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, heroin and cocaine.'

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

DailyMail: The Wire actor Michael K. Williams died after ingesting cocktail of fentanyl-laced heroin and cocaine, autopsy reveals

• The 54-year-old actor was discovered dead in his Brooklyn home September 6
  • An autopsy report confirming the cause of Williams' death was released today 

The New York Coroner's office ruled the 54-year-old's death accidental today,  naming the cause as 'acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, heroin and cocaine.'

Yes, they say it was accidental @MorningLover .

Michael K. Williams died of accidental overdose that included fentanyl, cocaine

Actor Michael K. Williams died of an accidental overdose that included the synthetic opioids fentanyl and p-fluorofentanyl, the New York City medical examiner's office said Friday.

Williams, whose work on HBO's "The Wire" and "Boardwalk Empire" was widely praised, died Sept. 6 at age 54. He had been open about his struggles with drug use.

The New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner said Williams had in his system cocaine and heroin, as well as the synthetic opioids. Fentanyl can be 50 times more potent than heroin, although some heroin users seek it out for just that reason.

A short statement from the medical examiner's office read: "Cause of death: Acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine. Manner of death: Accident."

source: msn

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Yes, That's what I read and posted. Smiley Wink