Honored Contributor

Michael J. Pollard Dead At Age 80

The actor became famous for his role in Bonnie and Clyde, and was in numerous other films and TV shows.
Honored Contributor

Re: Michael J. Pollard Dead At Age 80

Yes, I remember him. That movie impacted me when I first saw it.

Super Contributor

I loved him as Barney's cousin Virgil on The Andy Griffith Show!

Honored Contributor

@Deb665. I dont remember him in that role although he really did do a lot of TV shows in those days.
Honored Contributor

I worked as an extra on the film Little Fauss Big Halsey in 1968.  I think it was released later because, one of the actors Robert Redford wasnt well known at all when he made this film. In fact I didnt  know who he was.  They released Butch Cassidy before Little Fauss was released.  Then I thought omg, that was him.  So much shorter than he seems on film. The film was shot near Gilroy at the Uvas Ranch.  We had a lot of fin, and got  10 bucks cash every day. Lol

anyway, I have 8mm film of Michael J. Pollard andLauren  Hutton  somewhere. They were so generous and stopped to let me take film.Lauren  was just so stunning.  Her eyes just jump out at you and smile.  Her skin was amazing.  And tall. She was soooobeautiful.  Still is.   It was layer they shooed me off and said it was a restricted area.  I had no idea.  Michael seemed so shy, like he does in some of his characters.

Sorry to heAr about Michael.  I still see him, young, smiling. 

Honored Contributor

He was married to that actress from Flo, beth  I forget her name.  They were married a long time.  She died a while back.  I cant remember if they divorced and she died , or the were still married when she dies.  They have a son. Who is nice looking.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A couple photos ....

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

He was married to that actress from Flo, beth  I forget her name.  They were married a long time.  She died a while back.  I cant remember if they divorced and she died , or the were still married when she dies.  They have a son. Who is nice looking.

@shoekitty 

Beth Howland, who was on the series Flo.   "Kiss my grits".

Honored Contributor

Pollard was the original Hugo Peabody on Broadway in Bye Bye Birdie in 1960. He also played Andy's cousin, Virgil, on Andy Griffith show. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

@shoekitty 

Beth Howland, who was on the series Flo.   "Kiss my grits".

Just need to clarify here, Beth Howland was Vera on Alice, Polly Holliday was Flo on Alice. Howland was married to Pollard from 1961 to 69, later she married Charles Kimbrough from Murphy Brown, she died in 2015.