Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I definitely watch my share of MeTV.

Currently, one thing I'm going through is 'My Three Sons'.  I started recording the episodes when they got around to the beginning of the series and wanted to go all the way through, as there were some things I couldn't remember about changes that happened.  Right now I think we are on season 9.

I also did this with Mr Ed a few years ago.

---

I would like to see the early black-and-white episodes of My Three Sons when Tim Considine was the oldest son. I remember seeing some of those episodes when they were shown on Nick at Nite many years ago, but haven't seen them in any channel's rotation since.

Were these earliest episodes shown on MeTV recently?

Yes!  Smiley Happy    What they do is run the entire series in order and, when it gets to the end, they start over.

That's how I started from the beginning.  I casually watched some of the later episodes and got curious as to how everything evolved so, when it started over again I set it up to automatically record.

The funny thing is - now that my memory is all but gone, even though it hasn't been that long, there is stuff I've already forgotten again.

As I mentioned, we are in S09 right now.  There are 12 seasons total.  I'm cruising through the seasons/episodes right now on the Tivo and see that the later seasons only had 24-25 episodes but the earlier ones had somewhere around 36, IIRC.

So, unless they change something, we are halfway + through season nine and however long it takes to finish 09 and go through the last three seasons, all of which only have 24-25 eps, then we'll be back to starting in the beginning.  Smiley Happy  HTH

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

I would like to see the early black-and-white episodes of My Three Sons when Tim Considine was the oldest son. I remember seeing some of those episodes when they were shown on Nick at Nite many years ago, but haven't seen them in any channel's rotation since.

Were these earliest episodes shown on MeTV recently?

Yes!  Smiley Happy    What they do is run the entire series in order and, when it gets to the end, they start over.

That's how I started from the beginning.  I casually watched some of the later episodes and got curious as to how everything evolved so, when it started over again I set it up to automatically record.

The funny thing is - now that my memory is all but gone, even though it hasn't been that long, there is stuff I've already forgotten again.

As I mentioned, we are in S09 right now.  There are 12 seasons total.  I'm cruising through the seasons/episodes right now on the Tivo and see that the later seasons only had 24-25 episodes but the earlier ones had somewhere around 36, IIRC.

So, unless they change something, we are halfway + through season nine and however long it takes to finish 09 and go through the last three seasons, all of which only have 24-25 eps, then we'll be back to starting in the beginning.  Smiley Happy  HTH

--

Great! I will make sure to check frequently so I can be ready for the start of the first season.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Watching the old shows puts me in my happy place.  I never get tired of watching Little Joe on Bonanza (whew)😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

We lost this channel a few years ago.  I enjoyed "Beaver" and "Rhoda."  I liked their commercials, too, esp. the one about how they show the full credits and not a credit crunch: "We give credit where credit is due!"