Trusted Contributor

Did anyone watch coverage of the Met Gala? The theme this year was Manus v Machina - man made v machine made/ high tech. 

I saw photos online of the dresses and if you haven't seen the gown that Zac Posen made for Claire Danes it's a must see. It's a ball gown that totally illuminates. Pretty fab! My other best dressed were Emma Stone , Kate Hudson and Bradley Cooper who wore white tie and tails , Tom Hiddleston, white tie and tails and Idris Elba. They always look great. Also, Zoe Saldana had a gorgeous gown. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch the coverage, but saw the reports on the news this morning.  Honestly, if I didn't know the theme in advance, I never would have known what the theme was.  It looked like a hodge podge of mostly unattractive, unflattering dresses.  I don't get the big deal over Claire Danes' illuminated gown -- the technology to illuminate clothes is nothing new, therefore, not wow.

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen anything yet, but I just googled to find Claire Danes' dress, after reading @nrm 's post.  Claire looks really pretty in the pics I've seen, and the Zac Posen dress looks gorgeous.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

There were a lot of gowns I really loved, but SO MANY people didn't seem to go with the theme - at all! If I were invited to the Met Gala, I would wear the heck out of whatever theme they had. I mean, just over the top something. It seemed like a lot of people played it really safe and just picked a "pretty gown." I thought Claire looked fabulous, and most of the Balmain dresses were great, too (If only the K's hadn't been wearing them........ugh.)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Met Gala May 2

[ Edited ]

If you go to pret-a-reporter there's a video of Claire Dane's dress that was taken in the dark. It's breathtaking. 

Respected Contributor

@nrm wrote:

If you go to pret-a-reporter there's a video of Claire Dane's dress that was taken in the dark. It's breathtaking. 

I didn't see it there, but I did see a video on Zac Posen's Instagram.  Beautiful

♥ Life is beauty full ♥