Honored Contributor

Re: Meryl Streep lands the cover of Vogue Magazine

@Pearlee wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

i don't associate her with style so good to see in a good-looking outfit. i hope she is in something major in the near future - it's been a while.

@ms traditional  Good point.  She isn't really associated with style and often has looked frumpy (IMO) at events and on the red carpet.  I've even read that she doesn't care much about style.  

Loved her and her wig in The Devil Wears Prada.

And hence my point. As noted, she's a wonderful actress and if Vogue chooses to do a feature on her career or otherwise promo her latest film... have at it. But the focus of the magazine is supposed to be fashion... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@EastCoastGal I have watched the movie so many times. Love it. Next year, some time the sequel is due out. Heard on one of the nighttime entertainment shows.

I was lucky to see the play two times. My 16 year old daughter loves ABBA too from hearing me play their cds so much. 

You sound like so much fun.Wish we could see the new movie together. Keep dancing!

Respected Contributor

She’s a very talented actress.....but I lost much respect for her after watching her standing to applaud Roman Polanski.  Don’t understand Hollywood thinking ....the perpetration of abuse is horrific for some to do, but not others?

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately Ms Streep is on my boycott list for too many reasons to list.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

@EastCoastGal I have watched the movie so many times. Love it. Next year, some time the sequel is due out. Heard on one of the nighttime entertainment shows.

I was lucky to see the play two times. My 16 year old daughter loves ABBA too from hearing me play their cds so much. 

You sound like so much fun.Wish we could see the new movie together. Keep dancing!

Hi @threecees ... What a nice surprise to see that you sent me a post!! Thanks for the information that the sequel will be out sometime next year! When I do find out I'll book a flight to your city and we'll go to the movie together!! You are too funny!!

Honestly, when I drive on .... Oh, Noooooo! Hot flash!!!! ... Sorry! I have those at night. Anyway, when I drive on the highway that CD is on and I do embarrass myself! I'm singing right along with them and dancing in my car seat. When I pass tractor trailers I've been honked at because I can't stop singing the song! .... My "car seat"?? That sounds like a child's seat! Ha! But going to the play, which I missed seeing twice because of bad weather, I would just totally embarrass myself. My best friend would have to sit to my left because my left foot doesn't stop moving during the music ...but a stranger to my right and the person in front of me will have to watch out for my flying right arm!! So, you see, I really can't see the play.... You saw the play twice?!?! I just read your post again. It must have been fabulous! How nice your daughter enjoys Abba, too!

I probably sound like I've had a few ...but something happens to me during that type of music!!

OK... I'd better stop typing or the moderator will delete my post!! Thanks again for your post! It was fun!! Smiley Happy

P.S. I call myself the Dancing Queen!! Lol.... 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@three ccees ... I said I listen to DVD in my car! I believe that would be a CD !! I couldn't change my post so I wrote you a separate post.... You keep dancing, too!! Smiley Happy

Edited to say I was able to change DVD to CD. I don't usually watch a DVD while I'm driving!! Lol...

Respected Contributor

The same people who dislike Jane Fonda dislike Meryl Streep. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Honored Contributor

Fabulous cover!  I love Meryl Streep -- for her acting talent, personality, unapologetic and courageous voice, and caring more about something other than designer gowns.  She is magnificent in my book.

Esteemed Contributor

@EastCoastGal Have a great weekend Dancing Queen. If they ever make part three of the movie we should be in it too!!!😊