Honored Contributor

Memorial Day Concert Tonite 5/29

Annual concert live from DC tonite at 8 ET on PBS, always a great show. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Memorial Day Concert Tonite 5/29

@Shelbelle 

THANK YOU!

I forgot about this and I know Mr. 4kitties will want to watch it.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Norm Lewis is singing and it is wonderful. So great to see these men and women being honored in such a way.

Esteemed Contributor

Looking forward to it.  My Dad WW11.  Brings back lots of memories of that war.

Respected Contributor

It's always a wonderful program to watch and so heartbreaking.  We all need to understand what this holiday is about.  God bless us all.

Honored Contributor

EVERYONE in America should be watching this.  I hear people outside laughing and enjoying life, fireworks ... it's breaking my heart.

Honored Contributor

Fireworks on Memorial Day?  I wonder what they're celebrating.

Back to the TV show:  is it the same show every year, or do they intersperse new elements with the old?

Super Contributor

Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna are two amazing individuals.  My family waits for this Concert each year.   It highlights the real reason for this holiday.  Too many just don't get it though.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

EVERYONE in America should be watching this.  I hear people outside laughing and enjoying life, fireworks ... it's breaking my heart.

@rms1954 

They sacrificed their lives so that we may enjoy life and the freedoms they fought for.  I believe we can enjoy life and remember their sacrifice at the same time.

Men who place a higher value on their wives, families, friends, and nation than on their own lives ensure the survival of our cherished liberty. The soldier sacrifices his time, his fortune, and sometimes his life that others might live in freedom. Those of us who are the beneficiaries of their sacrifice must revere and honor the intrepid men who provide freedom through military victory.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

One hour of tears.  Good hour.  Toscana is a good singer, but for me she runied GOD BLESS AMERICA.  I know,, young people like to put their spin on traditional songs.  At least she could sing.

Two great Hosts as usual.