Honored Contributor

wrote a book called 'Always Young and Restless'. I'm gonna start it soon. Should be a good read.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting @SharkE. It has good reviews. All fans of the Young and the Restless as well as Melody Thomas Scott should enjoy this book.

“Melody Thomas Scott is a force to be reckoned with"

Always Young and Restless: My Life On and Off America's #1 Daytime Drama by [Melody Thomas Scott, Camille Paglia]    

"Melody Thomas Scott’s life has had more twists and turns than Nikki Newman has hairdos―and, man, does this daytime uber-star deliver the goods in her long-awaited memoir! Always Young and Restless is a marvelous valentine to the wild world of soaps, but also a jolting and daring expose of her nightmarish years as a child actress in Hollywood. Parental abandonment, sexual abuse, mental illness―this lady endured it all, yet somehow survived wholly and triumphantly. Experience her story! You will be so ****** glad you did.” ―Michael Logan, Veteran TV Guide Journalist

Respected Contributor
I have the book, not what I expected. Her childhood was rather sad. Stopped reading after awhile, may go back to it at some point. Sometimes seeing these actors on screen/TV, I think of a fairytale life ... not always the case. I may look into the audible book at some point because she recorded it herself. Jeanne Cooper’s book, very good, read twice.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I read Cooper's book too. Couldn't believe she had affair with her onscreen son. 'Brock'.   shocker !   I had seen Ms. Scott on a paranormal show saying she had had abuse issues in her childhood she went back to her childhood home.

Honored Contributor

Read it about a week ago. What a messed up grandma she had, going so far as allowing Hollywood big-wigs to abuse Melody as a child. She had two failed marriages but now seems sane and grounded after her turbulent childhood. In fact, I got an old Clint Eastwood movie to watch because Melody was in it as a pre teen and she wrote about loving being part of a movie family. The theme of her book is striving to be normal.

Super Contributor

I initially wanted to read it but after reading the comments of those who have I think it's best for me to pass on it.  I never knew MTS went through so much in her life.  Wow!

Respected Contributor
She said herself that she had trouble writing the book. Putting this to paper must have really stirred up memories that were not the best to say the least. Seems like she has a good life now and a good husband and family.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

wrote a book called 'Always Young and Restless'. I'm gonna start it soon. Should be a good read.

@SharkE  Did you watch that daytime drama? 

Honored Contributor

Stopped watching  soap operas many years ago,but did watch when she was a stripper on the show.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

have watched her for many years......sounds like a good "beach read."

the earliest performances i remember her from are the waltons and the cult classic movie piranha.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein