QVC Customer Care

Re: Megyn to leave fox for nbc? It kind of looks that way

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Glad to see her leaving an entertainment channel for a news organization. She is an accomplished and intelligent woman. A much better fit for NBC.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

WOW!  I agree totally with you guys!  I used to watch her all of the time.  Then I got to the point where I can't stand to watch her.  

Every time I TRY to watch her it's as if there is a big arrow pointing to her blinking saying, "Look at me...Focus on me".  I know it sounds stupid but every question and comment I feel like she seems to want to interject her thoughts and ideas and it's all about her!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Megyn's much-hyped primetime special a few months ago tanked in the ratings.  It was a Barbara Walters-style celebrity interview show.  I didn't think it was very good.

I'm glad she wants to spend more time with her children and not miss seeing them off to bed, etc.   However, I don't think she's going to be nearly as popular over on NBC.

Her "it girl" moment seems to be at Foxnews.  She really should have taken a lesson from Katie Couric's career.  Foxnews was very eager to keep her.  IMO it would have been better for her, in terms of a career move that accommodates being with her children more, to have gone back to  a daytime show at Foxnews.

@Pearlee   -  I completely agree with you!  If she wants more time with her children, she should have stayed with her daytime show on FOX.  I have no desire to watch news shows during the day, I don't have the time and it's easier just to check a news feed.  I could be wrong, but I see her popularity taking a dive moving from the timeslot she has now. 

Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@milly1 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

You are  making a lot of assumptions about giving others a pass. This article is only about Megyn and no one else.

I agree we are talking about Megan leaving.  Most cable news shows no longer have journalists.  Shepherd Smith who is supposed to be hard news offers an opinion on everything from football to politics and everything in between.  I can't stand the shouting over each other male or female.  Turn on CNN and some of their panels are like WWE.  Bill, Hannity, Tucker aren't disguised as anything but what they are opinion shows.  Megyn & Shepherd pretend to be hard news but they are opinion shows as well.  Greta was the last real journalist at Fox.  She was old school which I like.  

@milly1  I don't think Megyn's show was an opinion show.  She seemed to me to always argue both sides, depending upon whom she was talking to.   If a conservative, she'd raise more liberal viewpoints, and vice versa, playing devil's advocate.  I don't know her politics at all, nor for whom she voted in the presidential election.   However, departing for NBC leads me to believe  she leans liberal.

I think she leans more towards accuracy instead of the fake news and histrionics that are put out everyday by fox.

This is from a new channel who had to fire it's Chief Anchor for multiple lies?  Did you forget about Brian Williams?

Honored Contributor

MK is an independent.  I felt she was fair and balanced.    She did not have her own agenda.  

I thought she was fabulous, and I like NBC so will see her there. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Wow.    If Megyn "screams" then let's add Hannity, Bill O., and Tucker Carlson to that list because those men are obnoxious-always talking over their guests and pushing THEIR point until the dead horse raises its head and says "ENOUGH!"

I believe FOX offered Megyn $20 million to stay, not NBC. Obviously FOX felt that they are losing a valuable anchor.

Apparently she wants to move on and all the best to her.

Greta was  the only real journalist, imo, as far as the female anchors.

And Outnumbered is just an eye candy filler until the real news comes on.  Seriously.

FOX has very little to offer that is bearable to watch.  Neil Cavuto and Bret Beir(sp) are ok but the bulk of that station is filled with repetition of the most mundane topics; serious interviews are few and far between.

Odd how Megyn is slammed but the men are given a pass.

Cakers I agree with you.  Hannity and O rielly are very rude to anyone who disagrees with them. and you are right, they do yell, a lot.

ITA

Both are rude if anyone disagrees with them.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

what I object to is the short window they all give their guests  so that they end up cutting them off. Chuck Todd starts clearing his voice & muttering uh huh while his guests are speaking and it totally ruins his interviews. Megan is fearless so she has made a name for herself. She didn't start the fight with Newt. He attacked her for being obsessive over sex & that set her off. On the preceding segment she had been uncomfortably grilling Pence on the subject & I think frustrated Newt before he even got on air because they were trying to pivot away from that offensive behavior so close to the election. I suggest that she do interviews on her new show that allow time for the guests to speak & have real conversation. That would help me watch all these shows if they weren't so rushed. 

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@milly1 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

You are  making a lot of assumptions about giving others a pass. This article is only about Megyn and no one else.

I agree we are talking about Megan leaving.  Most cable news shows no longer have journalists.  Shepherd Smith who is supposed to be hard news offers an opinion on everything from football to politics and everything in between.  I can't stand the shouting over each other male or female.  Turn on CNN and some of their panels are like WWE.  Bill, Hannity, Tucker aren't disguised as anything but what they are opinion shows.  Megyn & Shepherd pretend to be hard news but they are opinion shows as well.  Greta was the last real journalist at Fox.  She was old school which I like.  

@milly1  I don't think Megyn's show was an opinion show.  She seemed to me to always argue both sides, depending upon whom she was talking to.   If a conservative, she'd raise more liberal viewpoints, and vice versa, playing devil's advocate.  I don't know her politics at all, nor for whom she voted in the presidential election.   However, departing for NBC leads me to believe  she leans liberal.

I think she leans more towards accuracy instead of the fake news and histrionics that are put out everyday by fox.

This is from a new channel who had to fire it's Chief Anchor for multiple lies?  Did you forget about Brian Williams?

Nope I didn't, love his show the eleventh hour watch it as often as my schedule allows.