Honored Contributor

Megyn Kelly to debut this Sunday

She did snag the interview with Vladimir Putin but (and this is when I tell kids to get off my lawn) I wish she would have worn something less eye catching for the interview as for me their conversatiion should be the focus of the interview:

Putin ion the ritz: Megyn Kelly chatted with Vladimir Putin at a party Thursday night in St. Petersburg

To be honest, I am finding her to be very frustrating as she has been given a very lucrative position so on the surface it seems like she is throwing it away.  Please know I realize I am going to catch some grief for this and I have no problem with that but I guess I come from the "dress for success" era.

Honored Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly to debut this Sunday

I agree with you on the outfit. Yikes. Poor choice. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Wow!  She looks like she's going to a party rather than interviewing world leaders.  I can't believe she wore that.  Even her shoes look look unprofessional.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh thanks for this as I don't want to sound like a school marm but there are hundreds of pictures of her where she is wearing terrific outfits that would both make her look great but also make sure the focus of the interview was on the conversation with Putin.

Honored Contributor

It will be nice to see Megyn again.  Maybe she'll eventually bump Matt from The Today Show, just like his favorite, Savannah, bumped Ann Curry.

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Trusted Contributor

I read more than once that Megyn is determined to choose her wardrobe based upon her individual style. She mentioned working with a stylist and specifically said she couldn't care less what anyone in the public has to say about her wardrobe choices.  She's being paid big bucks to project her "brand" so, apparently, this is the "look" she chose to project.  To each his own...

Honored Contributor

I think it will be harder to bump Lauer than it was to bump Curry.  I've watched Today since Dave Garroway and the chimp era -  and the only appointment I never understood was Ann Curry's.  Even when she was on the panel, but not a main anchor, I never felt comfortable when she was interviewing,

I haven't ever seen much of Megyn, so I have no idea how she'd fit in.  I do wish her well.  She deserves that much, at least.

Honored Contributor

Love the outfit!! Excellent choice. 

Respected Contributor

It's not like she has killer curves or any for that matter so don't know what she's trying to prove but I'm sure she'll get good ratings.