Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

"My feeling is Megyn won't make it because her show is on against 60 minutes and football.  She's so angry and yells.  I just can't take her.  And I have no idea why she needs a s*xy dress to interview Putin."

QGirl2, that was exactly my thought -- the 60 Minutes part.  Forgot about football.   When I read that she was going up against 60 Minutes,  my very first thought was that she has already lost the ratings war in order to sustain her spot there.  No way...

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

My feeling is Megyn won't make it because her show is on against 60 minutes and football.  She's so angry and yells.  I just can't take her.  And I have no idea why she needs a s*xy dress to interview Putin.  

ITA..I don't think she snubbed anyone intentionally but what made her think that dress with the high slit and off the shoulder was appropriate for that interview? I like her less the more I see her. I always get the impression that she wants to stir up controversy.

Honored Contributor

I will probably get clobbered for this, but I sort of understand Megyn Kelly's interviewing Putin while wearing a come-hither dress.  Truth is, I haven't seen it yet, but I once did something similar to this.

As an undergrad, I took a graduate class in Aristotle's metaphysics.  Yes, go ahead and laugh.  I was a philosophy minor, but I was more of a "soft-core" philosophy student.  All the other students were male graduate students -- and many were in engineering.  So you can imagine what crisp, clear-thinking they were capable of.  They were pretty formidable.

Our final consisted of writing a paper on A's metaphysics that we had to defend in front of the other students and the professor, who was the head of the grad school's philosophy department.  There were maybe 12 students, max.

Doing my usual turn of studying and writing at the last minute, I was not prepared for my defense.  First, let me say, I am not a drinker and never was in my college days either.  What I did was wear a tight sweater, drink a shot glass of whiskey and then faced this intimidating group.  It worked.

So, Megyn used her wiles on a guy who might later have some "boy talk" with our leader, and I bet Megyn would like if Putin complimented her physical presence to someone who had criticized her so vociferously.

Honored Contributor

Well, Putin just said she needed a pill for her hysteria.  

Honored Contributor

I guess it (the dress) didn't work.

Trusted Contributor

Too many cooks in the kitchen.  Not surprised at all.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

"My feeling is Megyn won't make it because her show is on against 60 minutes and football.  She's so angry and yells.  I just can't take her.  And I have no idea why she needs a s*xy dress to interview Putin."

QGirl2, that was exactly my thought -- the 60 Minutes part.  Forgot about football.   When I read that she was going up against 60 Minutes,  my very first thought was that she has already lost the ratings war in order to sustain her spot there.  No way...

I read they are intentionally putting her up against 60 minutes right now because those shows are reruns during the summer and it gives the viewer an alternate choice.  That was the logic, right or wrong.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Could this be 'fake drama'? 

Very well could be because for some reason people eat up a rift between females.

I think the rift between Lara Spencer and Amy Robach is non-existent as well. 

IMO people eat up any rift between celebrities.  I don't see the need for the gender card.

Trusted Contributor

I have never liked Hoda, Savannah, or Megyn, so it was not a big deal to me.  Guess I will go climb  back under my rock again, since it seems I don't like any of them on the NBC news!!!  LOL