Respected Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly's Morning Show is Tanking

You would have thought after NBC had to bring back Jay Leno they would have done better audience research.

Valued Contributor

In my opinion, she was at her best when she was a 8am co host with Bill Hemmer on Fox News.   This was years ago, she was relaxed, pleasant etc. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She has made enough money to retire now very comfortable.  She has no worries if the show fails or not.

@SeaMaiden

Really?   Just how much money is ENOUGH?    Cracks me up when people decide if someone should be allowed to earn more money ... or if they think they have made "enough".   

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Megyn Kelly should have stayed at Fox News.  Kelly is not good at warm and cozy daytime.  She is better at politics and hard news .....

.....  and fake news.   lol

Respected Contributor

Megyn could be a pitbull and Fox News gave her a lot of leeway. It seemed like a perfect fit.  She definitely has lost her groove.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She has made enough money to retire now very comfortable.  She has no worries if the show fails or not.

@SeaMaiden

Really?   Just how much money is ENOUGH?    Cracks me up when people decide if someone should be allowed to earn more money ... or if they think they have made "enough".   

She's made $69 million on her new contract and she'd made a fair amount before getting the new contract, so it's not unreasonable to assume she could retire comfortably on that. The history indicates that a return on investment in large stocks is about 10% and a 10% return on $69 million is $6.9 million per year or a tick under nineteen thousand dollars in spending money a day. I suspect I could live comfortably with $19,000 a day in income.

Of course, she wouldn't really get the full $69 million due to taxes and whatnot.  She'd likely only end up with around $40 million and that $40 million with a 10% return would only give her $4 million a year of income which would work out to just about $11,000 a day or maybe just $6,500 after taxes and whatnots. She could probably eke by on just $6,500 a day however. (And bear in mind, she'd still have the $40 million set aside for emergencies, splurges, and the like.) Even with the taxes and costs of living in New York City, $6,500 a day would go pretty far. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

If Megyn's ratings don't measure up, can they let her go without having to buy out her contract?

Honored Contributor

I don't see her show as Direct TV doesn't have NBC now on my lineup.  That being said, I watched a few minutes of it at my sister's house. 

I like her, and she doesn't seem cold and impersonal to me at all.  

I think she's fabulous.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OfCourse wrote:

If Megyn's ratings don't measure up, can they let her go without having to buy out her contract?

@OfCourse

Usually no, they have to buy out the contract, but I doubt they'd just send her packing.  That's a lot of money.  More likely, they'd use her for something else, hoping she'd work out better on another show. 

I don't know if Matt Lauer would like a new partner (ha ha ha ha ha!) but I also don't think they'd have her hosting the weekend nightly news.   They probably have  Plan B and Plan C ideas  thought out if that show is taken off the air.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @Tinkrbl44!