Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

@Yahooey

I thought Megyn was rude, but I am sure American wanted to know.  Megyn knew that also. Jane Fonda looks good and we all know she has had work.  Afterall she is 79 years old.  Jane shut her down effectively!   Robert Redford also has had work done.  Okay with me - they are in the entertainment business.  They need to take care of themselves.

Jane is was and always has been a spoiled brat.  You put yourself out there like she is, talk her issues like she has, then baby you take the questions.  I thought Jane was rude and a crybaby for ducking a legitimate question.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

I have had a tough time trying to get through an episode of this show as Megyn doesn't look comfortable in her new role.  You can tell when she is at ease (her segment on babies born with opiod addiction was heartbreaking but you can tell she was completely engaged and just wanted to hold that little baby that thank God is doing so much better).  On the other hand, you can't say you want to be an uplifting show and sandbag a guest with a plastic surgery question especially when you know you have history with said guest and also don't question the other guest about work he may have had.

I think this entire effort has been mismanaged from the jump and we are now seeing the results.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly Today

[ Edited ]

When no one likes you on either side it is hard to get traction. For me I have gone back to Kelly and Ryan. Not a huge fan of Kelly but love Ryan. They are on at the same time here. Can't wait until Megan Mc Cain(spell?) joins the View. That is what I am waiting for. So that is already too much tv.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

NBC and MK are just not a good match. She is bringing her past with her, and those of us who are not fans of her former network will have a hard time accepting her newly-created features persona. It looks like NBC just doesn't know what to do with MK. And she doesn't know who she's supposed to be on NBC. It isn't working.

Honored Contributor

I think where she is really misfiring is in the interviews where she tries to snark with her guests.  Because of her past endeavors, she is going to have to build trust with folks that were not constant watchers of her previous network.  She probably means no harm but she needs to choose her words wisely until her general audience is more comfortable with her and it will take more than a week to do that.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

At least she didn't go to Cnn comedy news network. 

Maybe she will go there next.  She doesn't seem to be doing great on NBC.  Personally, I won't be watching her.

Honored Contributor

The problem is she's a round peg and NBC is trying to force into a square peg slot.  It will never work, she's just not the warm and fuzzy "let's bake brownies" type.  Add to that the fact that people know what she's really like from her  years on THAT other station, she was a perfect match over there.  She was right in sync with that station and comfortable and successful there because that's who she is and that's how she thinks.  But that is not the NBC daytime  viewer.  It's mind boggling that NBC paid her all that money and then tried to turn her into something that clearly she is not.  

Respected Contributor

She signed  a huge contract which I imagine is guaranteed. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic