Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan McCain Leaving "The View"

I don't get why so many like Anna Navarro .   I have seen her a few times and although she claims to be of one persuasion she is always against them or calling them out and siding with the other 3 !   She also has an unpleasant voice at least to my ears.  

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

o

@Oznell wrote:

I agree with @Nancy Drew 's shrewd assessment.  From what I remember, the View has virtually always had only one person to represent a "minority" viewpoint--  Elizabeth Hasselback, Meghan McCain, etc.   All the other panelists to some degree or another, have been of more or less of the same general world view.

It sets up the minority panelist to be isolated and unsupported, and I'd feel the same if the positions of majority viewpoint vs. minority viewpoint were reversed.

A show like the View would be much more interesting to people like me if they were somewhat evenly divided--  you could have Joy etc. on one end, and really strong opposing views by people like Mollie Hemingway or Tammy Bruce.  Then it would at least be fair, and much more stimulating.  Those two can also express themselves coherently and with good humored civility, despite the provocation.

However, the show as a whole, to me at least, has demonstrated its not interested in a civil exchange of views, given its established culture of constant interrupting, ad hominems, and shrieking when they encounter someone who thinks differently.   The producers could have ended that if they had wished to.

@Oznell   You always put things so well .    I very much like the idea of Tammy Bruce !  What a great choice that would be for the other side .  Although I doubt that will happen.

All you need to do is lookup that woman and it's painfully obvious why she wouldn't be chosen.

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

Ana Navarro is far from being a conservative. The names @Oznell mentioned are examples of true conservatives, but of course they’d never want to waste their time being a part of that. 

@Teddie   I agree totally!   I just posted pretty much that.  Also agre with you that Tammy or M. Hemingway  would not want any part of these unpleasant women.   Good luck finding a conservative women who would want to put themselves through all that nonsense

Esteemed Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I would hope that we are a group of intelligent women who understand that the sparring and bickering is orchestrated for ratings. 

If The View wants to remain a political-centric format I do think it should consider 2 who lean to the left and 2 who lean to the right. Does anyone remember "Crossfire" with Paul Begala, Robert Novak, Tucker Carlson and James Carville. I really liked that show and learned a lot. Of course sad to say men just seem to act more civil when disagreeing.

I do feel Meghan's delivery can be tiresome, but clearly she is the most politically astute. It is Joy and Sunny who say things that are simply not true and when returning from a commercial break "legal" makes them clean up their mess.

@magicmoodz That sunny especially!   I guess she feels she can get away with it !

says she's a lawyer ?   I wouldn't want her defending me I'm sure I'd loose .

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

o

@Oznell wrote:

I agree with @Nancy Drew 's shrewd assessment.  From what I remember, the View has virtually always had only one person to represent a "minority" viewpoint--  Elizabeth Hasselback, Meghan McCain, etc.   All the other panelists to some degree or another, have been of more or less of the same general world view.

It sets up the minority panelist to be isolated and unsupported, and I'd feel the same if the positions of majority viewpoint vs. minority viewpoint were reversed.

A show like the View would be much more interesting to people like me if they were somewhat evenly divided--  you could have Joy etc. on one end, and really strong opposing views by people like Mollie Hemingway or Tammy Bruce.  Then it would at least be fair, and much more stimulating.  Those two can also express themselves coherently and with good humored civility, despite the provocation.

However, the show as a whole, to me at least, has demonstrated its not interested in a civil exchange of views, given its established culture of constant interrupting, ad hominems, and shrieking when they encounter someone who thinks differently.   The producers could have ended that if they had wished to.

@Oznell   You always put things so well .    I very much like the idea of Tammy Bruce !  What a great choice that would be for the other side .  Although I doubt that will happen.

All you need to do is lookup that woman and it's painfully obvious why she wouldn't be chosen.

@tansy wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

o

@Oznell wrote:

@tansy what is that suppose to mean ??   I watch Tammy Bruce regularly ,   She is a fox contributor and a very smart thoughtful women who used to be a liberal so she knows there games and how they work she was on there team at one time 😏

Respected Contributor

Is there some kind of conservative requirement to throw shade on this show and the ladies on it who consider themselves either liberal or middle of the road?  Some of these comments are terribly rude.  One could make a generalized supposition .  . . 

I want a conservative voice that knows a lot about many topics, someone who is reasonable, honest, who has good manners, has a reasonably contained ego and knows how to get along with anyone at all times and doesn't need to talk over people.  That isn't Tammy Bruce.

Valued Contributor

I rarely watch The View these days because of the nastiness.  I don't think they really want a conservative host.  

I was no fan of Meghan's, but as far as nastiness goes, no one has Joy beat.  So nasty and those faces she makes could stop a bus.  I watched today's show to see Meghan's resignation speech.  Every co-host was nice and smiling, and Joy could barely manage to contain her glee  When it was her turn to say something to Meghan, it was just about how they were good sparring partners.  Nothing warm and kind, as the others were.  I get the impression if you don't align with Joy's political beliefs, she just doesn't even want to know you.  

I'm glad Meghan left because it was a toxic environment for her.  I don't know how she survived all this time.

Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@FLgardener wrote:

Why does no one ever call out Joy Behar, one of the most depressing, disparaging women on tv? I'm okay with Whoopi, but Behar is too unpleasant for me to watch.

People go after Joy regularly, @FLgardener.

I'm talking above the political divide. As a woman, she repels me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I finished reading Meghan's book Dirty Sexy Politics that she wrote shortly after her dad's run for pres with the half-gov from AK.  It was very interesting to learn more about her from her youthful perspective.  Were I her age then, we would have got along so well and had great fun.  She was a PITA in some ways to the campaign but she was also a trooper who was glad to take a seat on the 3rd and trashy bus from state to state while working on her blog to encourage young republican voters.  I didn't appreciate her contempt for Steve Schmidt but I doubt he had much tolerance for her either.  Somewhere along the years she forgot her manners in her swirl of entitlement which is unfortunate because she had the makings of promise.

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Is there some kind of conservative requirement to throw shade on this show and the ladies on it who consider themselves either liberal or middle of the road?  Some of these comments are terribly rude.  One could make a generalized supposition .  . . 

I want a conservative voice that knows a lot about many topics, someone who is reasonable, honest, who has good manners, has a reasonably contained ego and knows how to get along with anyone at all times and doesn't need to talk over people.  That isn't Tammy Bruce.

@Free2be   Well that certainly does not describe Joy, Whoopie or Sonny in any way either !    Tammy Bruce is at the very least anintelligent, well spoken reasonable lady and doesn't interrupt or talk over others.      She has manners .   The view could take a lesson from her.  And to add no one on that show is middle of the road  .....that's funny 😹😂😹