Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan McCain Leaving The View

@lulu1 wrote:

The View has always been a polarizing show.  I've never understood why anyone would watch a show he/she didn't like.

It's sort of like the posters who complain constantly about QVC, (hosts, merchandise, prices, shipping, etc) yet seem to have it on day and night.

It's very easy to change the channel or turn the TV off.

@lulu1It's the same reason you are answering a post you don't agree with. Why respond? You can just pass right on by the post.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

@Effie54 

Wow ......   Don't you realize that this is the POINT if a talk show ... ANY talk show?  

Its nothing but opinionated, sqwaky women....talk show or not.

So I've been wasting my life having opinions and having the nerve to voice them?  You learn something new every day!

Most women I know don't "squak" either, whatever that is.

@RoughDraft   @Effie54 

No, it hasn't been a waste of time ....  and would it even be possible to have a talk show where there were no opinions, and everyone always agreed with everyone else?   If that were even possible to do that, who would bother to watch it?   

I think the real problem is that some people feel very threatened when they hear opinions that differ from theirs.   As if they might actually learn something if they heard other points of view and, gasp, heaven forbid they learn anything!   

I've never heard anyone "squak" either.   Good grief.

@Tinkrbl44That is exactly what you are doing. You are going after posters that don't share your opinion. So what is your point? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

@Effie54 

Wow ......   Don't you realize that this is the POINT if a talk show ... ANY talk show?  

So I've been wasting my life having opinions and having the nerve to voice them?  You learn something new every day!

@RoughDraft   @Effie54 

No, it hasn't been a waste of time ....  and would it even be possible to have a talk show where there were no opinions, and everyone always agreed with everyone else?   If that were even possible to do that, who would bother to watch it?   

I think the real problem is that some people feel very threatened when they hear opinions that differ from theirs.   As if they might actually learn something if they heard other points of view and, gasp, heaven forbid they learn anything!   

@Tinkrbl44That is exactly what you are doing. You are going after posters that don't share your opinion. So what is your point? 

@manny2 

👍👏👏👏  WELL SAID!

I think this show has strayed horribly from what Barbara Walters had inititally envisioned and I think media critics and even those at ABC agree....So I think that people on the Forum should also be able to express their views of show.... (pardon the pun) that's what Forums are all about...

Here's a quote from the Sacramentoville Post--"The legacy has been compromised due to poor casting and bad leadership. This show will be remembered for its petty bickering and revolving door of talent."

A longtime media executive familiar with the inner workings of ABC News called the attacks of each other on the show as "vicious".......

In May 2021 even the President Of ABC even demanded The View stop it with its "toxic personal attacks"

To get back to the original concept I think a more equally balanced number of panelists with diverse ideas is needed---a moderate, liberal, conservative, and even libertarian....to make sure all views are heard....JMHO...

And I know I dont have to watch and am so tired of it all, I made a recent decision not to watch in the future! ....to me it's turned into Jerry Springer Does Politics! Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

The View has always been a polarizing show.  I've never understood why anyone would watch a show he/she didn't like.

It's sort of like the posters who complain constantly about QVC, (hosts, merchandise, prices, shipping, etc) yet seem to have it on day and night.

It's very easy to change the channel or turn the TV off.

@lulu1It's the same reason you are answering a post you don't agree with. Why respond? You can just pass right on by the post.

@manny2 

With all due respect, it's hardly the same thing.  I am interested in this thread, so I read it and responded to it.  Watching a show or shopping at a place I do not like would be a complete waste of time.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 

@RoughDraft   @Effie54 

I think you really need to calm down. No....really. It's a forum not a fight club. 

@Effie54    @RoughDraft 

Fight club?  Calm down?    I'm not upset or excited.  .... just stating my POV.   

What a peculiar interpretation.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 

@RoughDraft   @Effie54 

I think you really need to calm down. No....really. It's a forum not a fight club. 

@Effie54    @RoughDraft 

Fight club?  Calm down?    I'm not upset or excited.  .... just stating my POV.   

What a peculiar interpretation.  

SSSSHHHHHHHHHH! 😠

Respected Contributor

As evidenced, a difference of opinion is simply intolerable with some people and they want the opposing opinion silenced.

Fortunately, The View will continue and I hope will remain active in conversations about topical subjects of all kinds.  They might have different people try out for the open chair, maybe even a male -- that would be interesting, too.

Honored Contributor

Well, this pointed out something that might have been forgotten along the way  ....  it wasn't her philosophy as much as her grating personaility .....  

Meghan McCain's Former Co-hosts on The View Didn't Seem to Like Her Very Much (msn.com)

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

Why are you even posting on a message board if you have trouble with differing opinions?  Telling another poster to "shhh" is rude and totally inappropriate.  Shame on you.

As for anyone else that doesn't like The View .... just DON'T WATCH IT.   Good grief.  

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

As evidenced, a difference of opinion is simply intolerable with some people and they want the opposing opinion silenced.

Fortunately, The View will continue and I hope will remain active in conversations about topical subjects of all kinds.  They might have different people try out for the open chair, maybe even a male -- that would be interesting, too.

@Free2be 

ITA.