Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan McCain Leaving The View

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

@Effie54 

Wow ......   Don't you realize that this is the POINT if a talk show ... ANY talk show?  

Its nothing but opinionated, sqwaky women....talk show or not.

So I've been wasting my life having opinions and having the nerve to voice them?  You learn something new every day!

Most women I know don't "squak" either, whatever that is.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

@Effie54 

Wow ......   Don't you realize that this is the POINT if a talk show ... ANY talk show?  

So I've been wasting my life having opinions and having the nerve to voice them?  You learn something new every day!

@RoughDraft   @Effie54 

No, it hasn't been a waste of time ....  and would it even be possible to have a talk show where there were no opinions, and everyone always agreed with everyone else?   If that were even possible to do that, who would bother to watch it?   

I think the real problem is that some people feel very threatened when they hear opinions that differ from theirs.   As if they might actually learn something if they heard other points of view and, gasp, heaven forbid they learn anything!   

I've never heard anyone "squak" either.   Good grief.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

It always amazes me that those who say they "never watch" the show, then go on to say it's always angry women, shouting, etc., etc..

If you don't watch, you can't form a reasonable opinion from what you read that's posted by others - gossip, rumors, agenda-biased.

Sadly, it seems some people (men and women) just don't like women with strong opinions on anything.  (They should stay in the kitchen, where they belong...)  NOT going to happen.

@Venezia I have seen enough over the entire history of the show to know what it is about.   I have certainly enough history to form and express my opinions.  I don't like rude, loud, argumentative anybody--men, women or kids. 

So no, the tenor of this show is not productive discussion, it is obnoxious, one-sided shouting.  Always has been.  Interrupting others is the order of the day. 

Sooner, I agree with you 100%

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 

@RoughDraft   @Effie54 

No, it hasn't been a waste of time ....  and would it even be possible to have a talk show where there were no opinions, and everyone always agreed with everyone else?   If that were even possible to do that, who would bother to watch it?   

I think the real problem is that some people feel very threatened when they hear opinions that differ from theirs.   As if they might actually learn something if they heard other points of view and, gasp, heaven forbid they learn anything!   

I've never heard anyone "squak" either.   Good grief.

I think you really need to calm down. No....really. It's a forum not a fight club. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

They are allowing opinionated women on the show? Outrageous!

@mom2four0418Opinionated and angry are two different things.

Respected Contributor

@Melzie   I totally agree with you.   If someone doesn't agree with the panel, except Meghan, there's a firestorm.  They have no respect or room on that show for opinions that don't agree with theirs.  Meghan should never have left "Outnumbered" on FOX.  The women on that show respect guests and hosts whose opinions may differ.  Fair and balanced in the truest sense.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

They are allowing opinionated women on the show? Outrageous!

Hope this doesn't start a fire storm but might. I think what Delilah2 may have meant is that some of them are opinionated with no respect for a different point of view (two in particular come to mind) and, in some cases, don't always know what they're talking about.  That's why I don't watch it much.  I remember a year or so ago when one woman was touting the expertise of Dr. Biden and how she would never hesitate having Dr. Biden as her doctor.  The thing is that Dr. Biden is a PhD in education, not a medical doctor.   :smileyembarrassed:

I agree with you @Melzie I don't know how she didn't know Jill Biden was not a medical Doctor. I was embarrassed for her.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Being opinionated and, to some extent, being angry appear to be increasingly normative, particularly on politically slanted talk shows, where producers undoubtedly think it makes for bigger ratings. The issue becomes that the oft touted civility falls by the wayside and the proceedings simply appear too often to degenerate into rants rather than reasoned opinion and enlightened discussion. At at time when some seem intent on pointing fingers at reasons for decreasing civility, let's just accept the fact that it's happening all over and at both ends of the spectrum, as we increasingly seem to be seeing a lack of tolerance for different points of view. McCain is a bright woman. She's often ganged up upon, which is unfortunate, but her way of handling it is part and parcel of her personality. The anger she demonstrated while delivering her father's eulogy was off-putting and her seeming 'heart on her sleeve' thing probably limits her in this setting.

@steviebMeghan has her "dukes up" all the time ready for a fight. I don't agree with a lot of what she says, but I think she has an important point of view, as all of us do. Her delivery is the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

"GASP" We can't have women who have strong opinions now, can we? We all know it's only men's opinions that count.  NOT!!!

@reiki604How did you come up with that? Not one post insinuated women should not have an opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

It always amazes me that those who say they "never watch" the show, then go on to say it's always angry women, shouting, etc., etc..

If you don't watch, you can't form a reasonable opinion from what you read that's posted by others - gossip, rumors, agenda-biased.

Sadly, it seems some people (men and women) just don't like women with strong opinions on anything.  (They should stay in the kitchen, where they belong...)  NOT going to happen.

@VeneziaHow do you come up with this?