Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan McCain Leaving The View

@Venezia wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I never could watch this show.  Hasn't it always been basically a bunch of shouting angry women?  

@Sooner - No.  But if you watched it, you'd already know that.

@Venezia That has always been my inpression--any time the channel changer goes over that show, that's what I've seen, read, and get from a lot of the people on it.  Anger. 

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

"GASP" We can't have women who have strong opinions now, can we? We all know it's only men's opinions that count.  NOT!!!

No one said either of those things. Everything does not boil down to being about women's rights or roles.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would love to see Tara Setmayer replace her.   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

It always amazes me that those who say they "never watch" the show, then go on to say it's always angry women, shouting, etc., etc..

If you don't watch, you can't form a reasonable opinion from what you read that's posted by others - gossip, rumors, agenda-biased.

Sadly, it seems some people (men and women) just don't like women with strong opinions on anything.  (They should stay in the kitchen, where they belong...)  NOT going to happen.

@Venezia 

ALL THE TIME!!!!! it never fails when there is a "VIEW" thread.

would love to see ana on full time, but i bet that is not going to happen. it seems like they will be back in the studio in the fall and meghan did not want to move back to new york. she will be picked up somewhere else......on another station.

i think that tara setmayer has done a great job, but have not seen here there in a while. cindy mccain would be a great choice also, although now that she has a new role she probably does not have the time. condoleezza rice?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

It always amazes me that those who say they "never watch" the show, then go on to say it's always angry women, shouting, etc., etc..

If you don't watch, you can't form a reasonable opinion from what you read that's posted by others - gossip, rumors, agenda-biased.

Sadly, it seems some people (men and women) just don't like women with strong opinions on anything.  (They should stay in the kitchen, where they belong...)  NOT going to happen.

@Venezia I have seen enough over the entire history of the show to know what it is about.   I have certainly enough history to form and express my opinions.  I don't like rude, loud, argumentative anybody--men, women or kids. 

So no, the tenor of this show is not productive discussion, it is obnoxious, one-sided shouting.  Always has been.  Interrupting others is the order of the day. 

Honored Contributor

She will probably move over to Fox where they all yell and shout....

Trusted Contributor

I think  Meghan was happy and graceful speaking of her leaving at the end of the season.  

I was not a fan of hers. She seemed to angry a lot of the time. She had a hard time separating the topics from being a personal statement about her. I wish her well and I am sure she will find a new show or job whichever she pursues. 

Perhaps Ana can join full time and work from her home state as the show seems have done better at not having all the hosts in the studio. 

I will be interested to see who the new host will be. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Venezia I have seen enough over the entire history of the show to know what it is about.   I have certainly enough history to form and express my opinions.  I don't like rude, loud, argumentative anybody--men, women or kids. 

So no, the tenor of this show is not productive discussion, it is obnoxious, one-sided shouting.  Always has been.  Interrupting others is the order of the day. 

@Sooner - And I watch it every day and have for years, so I will respectfully disagree with you.  It's easy to form a distorted view of anything, if you only see "bits" of it, no matter over how long a period.  And the outbursts will always make the "news".

But, no, it is not obnoxious, one-sided shouting and interrupting is not the order of the day.  There is one host who's been like that and she's leaving and, I admit, I'm not sorry to see her go.

They have been informative about many things that I would never have known about otherwise; no shouting needed.  And there's always a light-hearted segment because, heaven knows, we need that now more than ever.

I stand by what I've said:  those who don't watch the show, who say they "will never" watch the show, but then diss the show in its entirety and the hosts, do not have a solid basis for that criticism.  And that's just my informed opinion.

We can agree to permanently disagree.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Sooner - And I watch it every day and have for years, so I will respectfully disagree with you.  It's easy to form a distorted view of anything, if you only see "bits" of it, no matter over how long a period.  And the outbursts will always make the "news".

But, no, it is not obnoxious, one-sided shouting and interrupting is not the order of the day.  There is one host who's been like that and she's leaving and, I admit, I'm not sorry to see her go.

They have been informative about many things that I would never have known about otherwise; no shouting needed.  And there's always a light-hearted segment because, heaven knows, we need that now more than ever.

I stand by what I've said:  those who don't watch the show, who say they "will never" watch the show, but then diss the show in its entirety and the hosts, do not have a solid basis for that criticism.  And that's just my informed opinion.

We can agree to permanently disagree.

@Venezia I don't think we are disagreeing.  I think we are different, have different ways of looking at things, and are not much alike.  Which is fine.  We don't need to agree or disagree do we?  I don't think so.  

Respected Contributor

She was good for ratings.  Didn't always agree with her, but must've been tough to defend somebody who was sometimes at-odds with her late father.  Guess she knew what she had signed up for, tho.