Trusted Contributor

Meghan McCain Leaving The View

The NY Post is reporting this morning that Meghan McCain will announce her resignation this morning. 

Maybe they can have Ana as a permanent host. Wishful thinking as she lives in Miami.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan McCain Leaving The View

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

Honored Contributor

I never could watch this show.  Hasn't it always been basically a bunch of shouting angry women?  

Esteemed Contributor

The shouting has become worse in recent years.

Barbara was good at keeping things in check and under control. 

Honored Contributor

The few times I saw the show during the worst of the pandemic she didn't seem happy in that job. 

Yes it's so wrong for women to be angry and have opinions. Blessed be the fruit...

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

I really do not like this show, never watch.  I personally think that MM needs to move on.  But I enjoy watching her husband which has been on my channel more and more.  He is calm, quiet, nothing like MM.   They are the typical A & B personalities. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

The NY Post is reporting this morning that Meghan McCain will announce her resignation this morning. 

Maybe they can have Ana as a permanent host. Wishful thinking as she lives in Miami.

Ana is for sure showing up on Fridays when Whoopie isn't there, but living in Miami poses a problem for her and her new husband. I don't know why they don't have a rotating guest conservative or bring back Abby Huntsman. 

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

They are allowing opinionated women on the show? Outrageous!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

They are allowing opinionated women on the show? Outrageous!

Hope this doesn't start a fire storm but might. I think what Delilah2 may have meant is that some of them are opinionated with no respect for a different point of view (two in particular come to mind) and, in some cases, don't always know what they're talking about.  That's why I don't watch it much.  I remember a year or so ago when one woman was touting the expertise of Dr. Biden and how she would never hesitate having Dr. Biden as her doctor.  The thing is that Dr. Biden is a PhD in education, not a medical doctor.   :smileyembarrassed:

Honored Contributor

Being opinionated and, to some extent, being angry appear to be increasingly normative, particularly on politically slanted talk shows, where producers undoubtedly think it makes for bigger ratings. The issue becomes that the oft touted civility falls by the wayside and the proceedings simply appear too often to degenerate into rants rather than reasoned opinion and enlightened discussion. At at time when some seem intent on pointing fingers at reasons for decreasing civility, let's just accept the fact that it's happening all over and at both ends of the spectrum, as we increasingly seem to be seeing a lack of tolerance for different points of view. McCain is a bright woman. She's often ganged up upon, which is unfortunate, but her way of handling it is part and parcel of her personality. The anger she demonstrated while delivering her father's eulogy was off-putting and her seeming 'heart on her sleeve' thing probably limits her in this setting.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...