Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan McCain Leaving The View

Did somebody shhhhhush me?Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Melzie   I totally agree with you.   If someone doesn't agree with the panel, except Meghan, there's a firestorm.  They have no respect or room on that show for opinions that don't agree with theirs.  Meghan should never have left "Outnumbered" on FOX.  The women on that show respect guests and hosts whose opinions may differ.  Fair and balanced in the truest sense.  

@coffee drinker 

I am truly astounded that anyone thinks anything on Fox is "fair and balanced".   Just because they say that doesn't make it true.   Fox changed from "news" to "entertainment" in court proceedings.   I guess you missed that big headline.  Just google Fox entertainment, not news, and see all that comes up about it.

Respected Contributor

From a Page Six article:

“[McCain] no longer had the climate of protection she had under [former ABC News president] James Goldston,” one insider said. “When he was there, there was this sense of retribution if you didn’t get along with Meghan. She would act out, yell at the audience, guests, and fight with her co-hosts [on-air], but there was never an ‘OK, you have to get along with your co-hosts.”

Another source added: “The onus was always on them to get along with her and put up with her bulls–t.”

When Kim Godwin was named president of ABC News in April, we’re told she took a “no-nonsense” approach in shaping up the show.

“There was a meeting. Kim didn’t take a side, but she came in with a stern, ‘You have to figure this out,'” an insider said.

Many times Meghan would look to the audience for support and not get it.  it was childish, nobody ever behaved that way repeatedly like she did.  She also did that when working remotely, looking off-camera throughout the show every day as if she was either reading some script her husband had for her or he was cheering her on. Frankly, it was weird.  None of the others had that kind of distraction going on.

Trusted Contributor

There's only one angry person on that show, who talks over everyone else and, thankfully, she is leaving.  It has nothing to do with what side she's on -- imo, she's not mature enough to engage with the others on the show, always whining, usually out of control, always "me, me, me".  Would love to see Ana replace her.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Buhbye Snl GIF - Buhbye Buh Bye - Discover & Share GIFs

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

There's only one angry person on that show, who talks over everyone else and, thankfully, she is leaving.  It has nothing to do with what side she's on -- imo, she's not mature enough to engage with the others on the show, always whining, usually out of control, always "me, me, me".  Would love to see Ana replace her.

@Deree 

ITA ... as though being a senator's daughter was all the credentials needed.   

A while back she had a hissy fit because she thought Dr Fauci should be fired because SHE didn't know when she would be getting her vaccine.  I thought it was ridiculous, and mis-quoted, but, no, she said that.   I hope they get a better conservative ... which shouldn't be all that difficult.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

Maybe the emphasis in this post was supposed to be that the revolving door of hosts is  annoying and not putting down the idea of opinionated women.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

Maybe the emphasis in this post was supposed to be that the revolving door of hosts is  annoying and not putting down the idea of opinionated women.

@Porcelain 

Would a woman who didn't like that women are opinionated ever leave a comment in the first place ....  an opinionated comment .... stating her opinion about women who have opinions?