Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan McCain Leaving The View

[ Edited ]

The View has always been a polarizing show.  I've never understood why anyone would watch a show he/she didn't like.

It's sort of like the posters who complain constantly about QVC, (hosts, merchandise, prices, shipping, etc) yet seem to have it on day and night.

It's very easy to change the channel or turn the TV off.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1  Pardon the change of subject. 

How was Bermuda?  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

How was Bermuda?  

@dmod nj 

As beautiful as ever.  I cannot believe we've been married 50 years.  In my mind, we are still teenagers or young adults. Then, I look in the mirror.Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

How was Bermuda?  

@dmod nj 

As beautiful as ever.  I cannot believe we've been married 50 years.  In my mind, we are still teenagers or young adults. Then, I look in the mirror.Smiley Surprised

I'm so pleased it was all you remembered. Smiley Happy 

I understand your feelings. My saint of a husband and I will be married 36 years, together for 41, and I feel like you do............until I look in the mirror. Smiley Happy 

I do really wonder..........where did the years go? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I never could watch this show.  Hasn't it always been basically a bunch of shouting angry women?  

They are A bunch of cackling geese....who cares what they think.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

It always amazes me that those who say they "never watch" the show, then go on to say it's always angry women, shouting, etc., etc..

If you don't watch, you can't form a reasonable opinion from what you read that's posted by others - gossip, rumors, agenda-biased.

Sadly, it seems some people (men and women) just don't like women with strong opinions on anything.  (They should stay in the kitchen, where they belong...)  NOT going to happen.

@Venezia 

ALL THE TIME!!!!! it never fails when there is a "VIEW" thread.

would love to see ana on full time, but i bet that is not going to happen. it seems like they will be back in the studio in the fall and meghan did not want to move back to new york. she will be picked up somewhere else......on another station.

i think that tara setmayer has done a great job, but have not seen here there in a while. cindy mccain would be a great choice also, although now that she has a new role she probably does not have the time. condoleezza rice?

I've always liked Condoleezza Rice, but she has a job at Stanford University and probably wouldn't have time.  Although she wouldn't take any bullying from Joy Beahar and could give her a run for her money.

Why do they even need another host? The ones already on the show can argue among themselves to keep ratings up. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

No great loss.  I enjoyed it when BW was at the helm

early on.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I thought that show was cancelled! Ugh....it's a revolving door of opinionated women. 

@Effie54 

Wow ......   Don't you realize that this is the POINT if a talk show ... ANY talk show?  

Honored Contributor

She probably is tired of being the only one on the panel with her viewpoints. She seems very combative and would get into shouting matches with the other women (especially Joy which I think is disrespectful, Joy has seniority and because of her age). I don't think Meghan wants to come back to the New York area, I won't be surprised if she has another job lined up where her views are more appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

Wow!  What's it for if not to discuss, argue and support your opinions.

In order to make the show one that the (mostly) women watch it for they need a woman who's a quick thinker and feels strongly about her opinion.

I would think that; with the ratio of 3 people supporting each other in their opinion...the fourth hired to oppose the other 3 would get burned out eventually.

It's like trying to get a bolt out of a bottle when the hole of the bottle is too small for the screw to come out.  Try and try but it will never happen.

But in Megan's case, I believe she felt it was best for her marriage and perhaps her husband's job opportunities to get out while she can.

I can't imagine being someone who feels strongly about the beliefs she and her father were raised to believe.