Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Meghan must have mistreated her family or they wouldn't be negative toward her. Perhaps she should have been kind, charitable, inclusive with them but then no one gets publicity for treating their family well and Meghan is all about center stage.

Wow; I'm surprised she shared all of that with you.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Meghan must have mistreated her family or they wouldn't be negative toward her. Perhaps she should have been kind, charitable, inclusive with them but then no one gets publicity for treating their family well and Meghan is all about center stage.

@occasionalrain

Oh, please ..........    WHY are you assuming this is all Meghan's fault ....  "mistreating" upstanding citizens?

A lot of people who do well (in entertainment and other industries) find many relatives,  and "long lost" relatives, suddenly have their hands out and expect you to fork over tons of money so they can ride the gravy train ithout ever working again.  People who wouldn't give her the time of day when she was a struggling actress?    How do you know this wasn't the case here?

Though it's unclear anyone is trying to board the gravy train, this makes complete sense when considering distant relatives. Some of those being discussed in the media, though, aren't so distant, and it wasn't particularly realistic or reasonable to expect that they weren't going to surface. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This isn't about distant relatives or just one or two. All her siblings, everyone, has nothing good to say about her. No where has it been revealed that she tried to befriend or help any of them. It's not as though she tried, like most families do, and finally had to accept that it was a lost cause.

Honored Contributor

Her half siblings are 51 years old.  She is 36.  It's not like they grew up together.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Her family sounds like a bunch a whiny babies to me.  I doubt they'd be upset at not being invited if she was marrying Joe Blow. She doesn't want them there and going to the tabloids and complaining about it isn't going to get them an invitation. It's her day, not theirs.

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

Her family sounds like a bunch a whiny babies to me.  I doubt they'd be upset at not being invited if she was marrying Joe Blow. She doesn't want them there and going to the tabloids and complaining about it isn't going to get them an invitation. It's her day, not theirs.

Completely agree.  Probably wanted nothing to do with her when she was a kid with a different mother.  Now all of a sudden they're her "family."

Honored Contributor

Meghan is included in the new Most Beautiful People issue of People magazine.   Unfortunately, People chose a rather unflattering photo of her to use to name her as one of the beautiful people. Most photos of her that I see are much more flattering than the one used in the magazine.

Trusted Contributor

I think she's absolutely adorable and she and Harry seem genuinely in love.  I got up at the crack of dawn to watch Diana and Charles walk down the aisle and will do the same for Harry.  I love all the pomp and circumstance!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

yeah, ignore the right fighters . I do.

? What are right fighters?  Or is that code for people that you don't agree with on this silly topic?

Valued Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

This isn't about distant relatives or just one or two. All her siblings, everyone, has nothing good to say about her. No where has it been revealed that she tried to befriend or help any of them. It's not as though she tried, like most families do, and finally had to accept that it was a lost cause.

From what I have read her half sister's daughter has wonderful things to say about Meghan!  She said how kind Meghan always was to her when she was growing up.  Meghan would take her places, read to her and just be a great Aunt!  She said her mother (Meghan's half sister) has always been jealous of Meghan and likes to cause her problems.  Also from what I have read Meghan has not seen these people in many, many years.  I'm also sure the Royal family is basically in charge of the wedding and running the whole show!  I am happy for Meghan and hope that she and Harry have a wonderful "fairy-tale" life!!