Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle

[ Edited ]

Any way you slice it, my personal view is that a TV special about this woman bordered on the ridiculous. I wasn't interested so didn't watch. Her life simply hasn't been that interesting or momentous. Essentially, she became engaged... Sometimes, I look at her and get the sense she's 'playing dress up'... and that at some point, reality will sink in.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

She is no Grace Kelly for sure

@SANNA

???    Not sure what that even means, but ....  so what?   

Before her marriage, she was definitely no virgin.    Then, Grace Kelly was rather unhappy after her marriage, as documented in various books.   She was expected to be a decorative baby maker and nothing else.   Her opinions were not important to her hubby.   Nothing admirable about being stuck living in a gilded cage.

Honored Contributor

Poor Grace's father had to pay the Prince a dowry ! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just do not understand the fascination with these two. Period.

My sentiments exactly.

IMO this incoming marriage looks contrived, she looks manly, and what were those hand signals at the engagement announcement about?

Respected Contributor

Personal opinion of these two - Harry is totally besotted, I think Meghan is the stronger of the two and the Queen probably sees this and hopes this will steady him down.  In U.K. He is/was quite the playboy - extra duties will, and have, been put on him also to bring him into the 'firm'.

I think Meghan will have her hands full but she seems to want this and I hope they are happy.  I admire her for taking this on - no easy task.  Just my gut feeling he will not last the course but hope I am wrong.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just do not understand the fascination with these two. Period.

My sentiments exactly.

IMO this incoming marriage looks contrived, she looks manly, and what were those hand signals at the engagement announcement about?

@missy1

????     Manly ?

Honored Contributor

Manly?? Woman IndifferentSmiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@missy1 

What_the....gif

Honored Contributor

Wow, manly? At least that's a new one I guess, with everything else that's been said about her around here.

Given Charles and Camilla carrying on when they were both married, and all the other "scandals" in that family-I hardly think Meghan is not suited to be a member of the royal family. They're human beings. People like Meghan make them more human and more in touch with reality. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems some comments are from those who didn't even watch the special.  

It was made clear that she is involved in bettering the world, as is Prince Harry.  It's also clear that all the "objections" are outdated. 

Time to join the 21st century.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.