Honored Contributor

Biographer Andrew Morton gives some insight into the Meghan-Harry coupling:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2018/04/18/meghan-markle-prince-harry-royal-wedding-andrew...

Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just do not understand the fascination with these two. Period.

Nor do I. I can't wait for May 19th to get here so we can be done with the whole thing. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

They are two people in love no matter what.  If she did not invite some of her family I am sure she has a good reason. She is a lovely girl and Harry you can certainly see he is in love with her. Of course there is so much publicity because he is a Prince. A lot of little girls growing up always wanted to marry a Prince. Well here is one girl that her dream came true. I wish them a happy life.

Honored Contributor

Probably will be pregnant by end of June then we'll have more to watch for. LOL

I"d rather watch happy stuff as opposed to shootings and politics

Respected Contributor

Bah Humbug

Honored Contributor

I won't judge her at all for her family issues and for not inviting family members. Every family has issues, some just more than others. And more public. Her half sister has been bad mouthing her since the engagement-why would you want someone like that at your wedding?

Family issues = glass houses. Even if you think you have a perfect family , what's the point of judging anyone else's?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've already heard more than I want to hear about this unremarkable woman.  You've got to wonder about someone who doesn't invite a single family member to her own wedding.  Harry could have done better.

You must know Meghan and all of her family members and their relationship history regarding Meghan very well, not to mention all the details of how the guest list was put together the way it was and why.  I think Harry is probably the best judge of how well he did.  As far as Meghan being unremarkable, she seems to be remarkable enough to have a prince fall in love with her.  Can't we just give people a break and wish them well?

Honored Contributor

I don't dislike Markle. I don't know her, but I don't understand the virtual adoration some are showering upon her. I don't particularly care for her nor am I at all interested in her or in them. Harry hasn't always demonstrated sound judgment in the past, so one supposes time will tell if he got this 'right'. Personally, I don't see this as a match made in heaven and wonder how long the odds makers in Vegas are giving this union... As someone said, it'll be good to have this over so maybe some of the unmerited frenzy will abate... Just my opinion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show glad I watched. Gale King did a good job and had on a pretty dress, also.

I'm a Royal watcher and read books on them from way back to Queen Victoria and Henry the VIII, etc.

We all have different interests I enjoy mine.

Esteemed Contributor

I can understand why Meghan wouldn't want to invite her half sister and brother to her wedding. Both siblings have blabbed and trashed her to the british press. They are indiscreet to say the least. You can't choose your relatives but you can choose who you'll have at your wedding.